HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index HIARCS Chess Forums
World Championship winning computer chess software program & downloads for chess database, analysis and play on PC, Mac and iPhone

QuestionsQuestions   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Haircs Engine and Droid Phones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Programming Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
asilbar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Haircs Engine and Droid Phones Reply with quote

I've talked with a tech with ChessbaseUSA.com and he said that Pocket Fritz 4.0 won't work on "Droid" phones because Pocket Fritz requires Mobile Windows 6.1 (or higher) The Windows Mobile OS is very expensive. I know at this time, the Droid Phone technology is very new and is not supported for PF4 or any other Hiarcs Chess Engine. I don't think that the Mobile Windows Operating Systems will work on Droid phones. The Tech that talked to seems to think that the Mobile Windows OS will be obsolete fairly soon.

"Touch Phone" technology is new, so it will take time before sophisticated Chess software ie. Hairc chess engines will be compatible but I'm hoping that the Haircs Research & Developement team. will develope a program that will run on "Droid" phones. I'm not a programmer or software developer, but I am an advid chess player, and would be nice if there was something developed by the Hiarcs people for Droid phones. Can anyone tell me if there are chess engines as good as Pocket Fritz for "Droid" phones?
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could check here http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3671
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Programming Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: