Praise for Hiarcs

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Praise for Hiarcs

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Thank you Tord!
Bitboards or not is not the most important factor. The simple point here is that Hiarcs is by far the best chess program in the known universe. The only advantage Rybka, Stockfish, Shredder and other engines have over Hiarcs is that they are better at taking advantage of the ridiculously fast CPUs found in modern desktop and laptop computers. They are stupid and primitive programs, and win purely by brute force. If you take away the fast hardware, they have no chance against a superior program like Hiarcs.

Tord Romstad
IA

Post by IA »

Hiarcs plays a chess artistic, elegant and modern, is a superclass of the century XXI, just look how well he plays simple machines pocket Hiarcs is the only chess program that offers more and better chess with the rest simple processors , makes the most authentic processors to make art on the board, is a great program and increasingly plays better, the last Pocket Hiarcs 13.1 is a program ahead of its time.

Regards....
nahab

Re: Praise for Hiarcs

Post by nahab »

Bitboards or not is not the most important factor. The simple point here is that Hiarcs is by far the best chess program in the known universe. The only advantage Rybka, Stockfish, Shredder and other engines have over Hiarcs is that they are better at taking advantage of the ridiculously fast CPUs found in modern desktop and laptop computers. They are stupid and primitive programs, and win purely by brute force. If you take away the fast hardware, they have no chance against a superior program like Hiarcs.

Tord Romstad
exactly tord, that is which I said also always.... this engines are bound at fast Cpu´s.
Hiarcs is became develops to play good at slow CPU´s.
Hiarcs play a beautiful chess the best of this art.

if I compare this kind of play I do thinking on richard lang´s genius, separate I think of Novag from David Kittinger. Novag such a beautiful chess also played

Hiarcs the best chessprogramm .-)

regards Jörg
Celadus

Post by Celadus »

Harvey Williamson wrote:Thank you Tord!

Tord Romstad
Harvey,
Do you know if the Hiarcs chess explorer GUI is compatble with the DGT chess board? I hope so.

Regards
William Hulme

Post by William Hulme »

Celadus wrote: Do you know if the Hiarcs chess explorer GUI is compatble with the DGT chess board?
Now that would be a dream come true!!
Don't think so..or I've not found the option yet....
JamesCoons

Hiarcs Chess Explorer is extremely solid

Post by JamesCoons »

I thought after posting all my suggestions/complaints I thought I should mention how great the product really is. It is extremely solid, I have never had it crash once, while Chessbase crashes almost every time I use it. It is very easy to use. The PGN parsing is excellent so far It has parsed every PGN file I have thrown at it. The engine support is outstanding. The quality of the Opening books is great. I love the fact I can add my own boards. It has finally eliminated my need to boot into Microsoft Windows ( I have a Mac ) to run Chessbase. I still occasionally use ChessX to be able to see more information on the screen at once, but Hiarcs Opening Explorer has become my Chess Program of choice.

Thanks for a job well done.
faithfulltrav

Post by faithfulltrav »

I agree with all of the raves here! Definitely the best I've seen!
Thanks and God Bless,
Scott Miller

iMac OS X
Version 10.7.5 (Lion)
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
hurnavich

HCE

Post by hurnavich »

After some time spent working with HCE i think it is brilliant what a first class product and excellent tool for chess and databases.

Thanks Mark and co
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: HCE

Post by Harvey Williamson »

hurnavich wrote:After some time spent working with HCE i think it is brilliant what a first class product and excellent tool for chess and databases.

Thanks Mark and co
Glad you are enjoying it! A new free update is not far away :)
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Re: HCE

Post by Mark Uniacke »

hurnavich wrote:After some time spent working with HCE i think it is brilliant what a first class product and excellent tool for chess and databases.

Thanks Mark and co
Thanks, I am pleased you are enjoying our new product.

The overwhelming response I get is one of surprise from customers, the more they work with HCE the more they like it. For many chess players it is their go to GUI for chess and many of them have Chessbase and Aquarium so we must be doing something right! :D
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
chess666

Post by chess666 »

The first feature i noted with HCE is the "easy to use" because i used it wihout reading the manual ;-)

The second one is the ergonomy ( good place for each Explorer and my eyes are happy ! )

I own CB12, Fritz 13 and Aquarium interface and would be good to have some analysis tools added ( as in Aquarium but not as complicated, always easy to use ) but as i said in other topic, i don't need features present in other products and would like instead special features as you do with your books subscription updated .....

Many thanks
chess666

Post by chess666 »

Well ! I confirm i like much HCE but, unfortunatly, i am pretty disappointed by Deep Hiarcs engine ! :(

Sometimes, he can have some human attacking ideas but nothing which will make the difference with other strong engines i think ???

Seem in fact it is more an engine for play with humans than for deep and accurate analysis :?:
Very slow too.....

I wanted something to compet with brutal force engine ( H3, SF3 etc ) but seem it is not this one !

Shame :(
Anthony.R.Brown

Hiarcs Great!

Post by Anthony.R.Brown »

Hi all...

HIARCS is one Wonderful Program! Especially it's learning ability!

Regards Anthony.R.Brown
colnago40

Post by colnago40 »

I own Fritz13 and ChessBase12 for some years now obviously. And what i missed in those products was a highlighted last move when going through games and a better sparring partner when playing against the computer.
I have tried Scid vs Pc and Arena. The first i just didn't understand after a few days and the latter had just too many hick ups with the engine going on and off and some other bugs.
And for HCE; everything works just fine. No hick ups or bugs, highlighted last moves, always sound, always an engine working that is adjustible to my 1400 elo. No problems, everything works fast and everyday. Nalimov etc is working well.

I have been looking for a program like this for a few years and some things you read on the internet are just outdated like the move sounds that were not working in the beginning but since 2013/14 they do.
I had been a little anxious to buy HCE, since it is not too well known but now since i did i want to let know any future buyers who are still in doubt, that this is a reliable program and in my eyes much nicer than fritz13.

About the engine deep Hiarcs; it is a litlle weaker than Komodo 8/houdini but still well above 3000 elo if i am right. And i like the more human moves although it calculates like a 3000+ engine so most moves go way over my hat anyway just like with komodo/houdini etc. But for analyses it is perfect i guess. And you can install Komodo or Houdini in HCE off course.
I wish i bought this years ago instead of CB products. Their GUI is not comparable with HCE's.
KingOfJungle

Post by KingOfJungle »

Harvey Williamson wrote:Thank you Tord!

Tord Romstad
Unbelievable! Really I could not believe my eyes. How come, Hiarcs is beaten on the same hardware, no mater slow or fast ??? With those "stupid engines"? I like Hiarcs, Junior, Fritz but to say Hiarcs is the best engine in universe? That's lol and nothing else just lol. The same like if I would say Junior is the best engine... And nobody may say I don't like Junior.