30th Open Dutch Computer Chess Championship

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Peter Grayson

Post by Peter Grayson »

Harvey Williamson wrote:= 2nd at least with 6/9
Congratulations to the HIARCS team. Great to see HIARCS back in competition!

PeterG
mackgra

Post by mackgra »

At the risk of being controversial, Hiarcs was = 1st with spike if you rule out the programms running on powerful cluster hardware, hardware that 99.9% of us will never own.

Congratulations to all the Hiarcs team on their excellent effort!
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

It was a really tough tournament this year. Jonny, Sjeng and Rybka on huge clusters. 20 competitors something we have not seen for a long time in a Computer Chess event.

Hiarcs had a pretty good tournament. =2nd not a bad result.

The tournament ran very smoothly this year. Thanks to Jan Krabbenbos for the regular updates on the www.csvn.nl site. I think it is very important that these tournaments are not played in a bubble and that the outside world is kept up to date.

An apology from me for not broadcasting the Hiarcs games on Playchess. I had a brand new laptop which died during round 1. So I just had my netbook and was unable to broadcast :-(

A special thanks to Richard Pijl for bringing 3 very good bottles of Malt! We got to bed around 4 in the morning on Sunday :-)

Thanks also to the rest of the Hiarcs team. A special thanks to Mark and also to Rob for being on standby in the USA in case my machine in London became unavailable for any reason.

As well as the report on the CSVN website there is also an article here http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6839

Richard Pijl

Post by Richard Pijl »

Harvey Williamson wrote: A special thanks to Richard Pijl for bringing 3 very good bottles of Malt! We got to bed around 4 in the morning on Sunday :-)
In case anyone is wondering: The three bottles were:
- 14 year old Scapa (Orkney)
- 14 year old Oban (West Highland)
- 10 year old Talisker (Skye)

With a special thanks to Harvey to let me use his machine for the Baron!
Richard.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

congrats to HIARCS and the others!