HCE feature requests

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

pwwaring

Post by pwwaring »

Mark Uniacke wrote:On the other point about the current position, you can lock the Opening Explorer and Game Explorer to show the moves, statistics and games from the current position by using the Show games button (click on the padlock on the button to lock it).
Very nice, I didn't realize what that did. A much better way of doing exactly what I was asking for!
frjentsjer

Post by frjentsjer »

I'd like to be able to perform a database search for games won by a player regardless of the colour. For example, it would be very convenient to simply enter in the Quick Search field:

Carlsen 1

and get all games won by Carlsen, regardless of whether he played with the White or Black pieces.

I know that "Carlsen- 1-0" finds all the games that Carlsen won playing White and "-Carlsen 0-1" finds all his Black victories, but why perform two searches if it could perhaps be done with one?
frjentsjer

Post by frjentsjer »

I'd like to request a visual distinction between panes with focus and panes without focus in HCE for Mac.

For example:
In the Game Explorer pane, the game that is currently selected remains highlighted in blue when the Game Explorer pane has lost focus (for example, after clicking on a move in the Game Notation pane). This is confusing, because in Mac OS X the highlight colour usually changes to gray when a window (or a pane) loses focus. It's just the same difference as between foreground and background windows.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

frjentsjer wrote:I'd like to be able to perform a database search for games won by a player regardless of the colour. For example, it would be very convenient to simply enter in the Quick Search field:

Carlsen 1

and get all games won by Carlsen, regardless of whether he played with the White or Black pieces.

I know that "Carlsen- 1-0" finds all the games that Carlsen won playing White and "-Carlsen 0-1" finds all his Black victories, but why perform two searches if it could perhaps be done with one?
This can be done with the Header Search using the add to filter second search. So White:Carlsen 1-0 (search all) then Black:Carlsen 0-1 with add to filter. That produces a single list filter of all games won by Carlsen.

I agree it would be nice to add such a capability to the quick search function.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
King_Me

up and down arrows

Post by King_Me »

Watching the candidates matches in HIARCS i discovered a new feature request... my left and right arrows scroll through the moves but the up and down arrows don't do anything, it would be great if up and down arrows would move you through the list of games in the games explorer window this way you could navigate through all of the games and all of the moves just with the 4 arrow keys. I am using the Mac version if that matters any

thanks!
Jnaud

Post by Jnaud »

In fact, the up/down arrows should allow you to jump 5 moves forward or backward in the current game.
When you see a good move, look for a better one - Lasker
King_Me

DGT board support

Post by King_Me »

I know that this was mentioned before but thought I would add my name to the list in favor for DGT board / clock support.

Thanks!
byedidia

Feature request - Arrows, colored squares

Post by byedidia »

I previously posted this in another forum. My apologies for the double posting.

I teach a bunch of kids chess and I use a Mac. Something I really want is to be able to draw arrows on the board and color the squares. I don't think there is a product on the market that does this on a Mac.

Barak
frjentsjer

Re: DGT board support

Post by frjentsjer »

King_Me wrote:I know that this was mentioned before but thought I would add my name to the list in favor for DGT board / clock support.

Thanks!
Yes, me too! That would be great!
martinus

Books user annotations

Post by martinus »

Any future idea about book user annotations? In the kind of old Sigma Chess or Scid distros (Mask) or Shredder GUI? Thanks.
Kimyon

Post by Kimyon »

HIARCS For iphone got a weak spot, it undervalues pawns, when i match against computer stockfish, everytime, guarenteed, it gets owned by pawn to queen.
fafamonge

Post by fafamonge »

I just bought Deep HIARCS Chess Explorer yesterday and after one day os usage the features I miss are:
- Draw arrows and highlighted squares
- Tournament of engines
- Set time control for autoplay moves of a game because I think is too fast
- Select a lot of games and edit them one field in batch like "Event" or "Year"
- When you choose an opening to play against the engine must to make all the correct lines of the opening because it is supposed to training purposes
- The option to float some panels to move them out of the main window (very useful when you are using 2 monitors).

I'm happy with this purchase, it's a great software but still have a lot of things to improve. FULL RECOMMENDED
frjentsjer

Other input methods

Post by frjentsjer »

Would it be possible to add more input methods besides using the mouse?

I'm thinking of:
- using the keyboard to input moves, for example "e2e4" or "g8f6"
- using an external chess board like DGT
mass09

Post by mass09 »

fafamonge wrote:I just bought Deep HIARCS Chess Explorer yesterday and after one day os usage the features I miss are:

Hi fafamonge, there is a setting for adjusting the seconds per move. Have a look under Edit -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Replay game delay.
Change it from its default value of 1s.

I hope this helps.
fafamonge

Post by fafamonge »

mass09 wrote:
fafamonge wrote:I just bought Deep HIARCS Chess Explorer yesterday and after one day os usage the features I miss are:

Hi fafamonge, there is a setting for adjusting the seconds per move. Have a look under Edit -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Replay game delay.
Change it from its default value of 1s.

I hope this helps.
Thanks a lot! I think the spanish translation is not clear about this