Hiarcs for Pocket and Palm

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Hiarcs for pocket pc? will be real?

Post by Harvey Williamson »

codonauta wrote:But are Hiarcs planning to develop the program to pocket pc too? I am reading in all these posts saying that not. Or am I wrong?

Mark at the start of this thread said:

The Pocket PC version is behind schedule, I am considering a different path to see if I can get it to market this year.
So the answer is yes there will be a version.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

When will this poll of users regarding features take place?As it has been over 2 weeks since it was mentioned.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Cubeman wrote:When will this poll of users regarding features take place?As it has been over 2 weeks since it was mentioned.
Hi,

I do not know when the poll will be organised but there is no reason why you can not suggest what the features should be for the poll. You might want to try a poll of your own here on the forum!? I am sure we would find the results interesting.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Mark Uniacke wrote:I intend to release a new Palm version in the autumn. I will explain the features then. For now I don't want to say too much about it because competitors are listening and might want to use some of the new ideas.

The Pocket PC version is behind schedule, I am considering a different path to see if I can get it to market this year.

I think in a week or two when things are not so busy and we have a lot of members we could do a poll of features wanted by customers on Palm or Pocket Hiarcs.

Best wishes,
Mark
Hi Mark, I am just curious as to whether the new Hiarcs 9.7 for Palm is the new version that you had planned to release this autumn.Or have you got planned a radically new version of Hiarcs based on the latest PC version.It is just that 9.7 was just a minor cosmetic enhancement and not what I would call a major upgrade.
Do you still think that you will get it out this year 2007, or have there been unforseen delays.
Also how is the development of the native PPC version going?
I look forward to some good news hopefully, so that I don't have to wait too long to enjoy the new version.
codonauta

Hiarcs for pocket pc

Post by codonauta »

I am very anxious to have the hiarcs for pocket pc ready to working.
The 2 strongest chess programs for palmtops didnt work in my devices. The Hiarcs for palm didnt work because my palm device had a kind f problem which I coldnt to resolve. Then I bought a pocket pc , a good one , a H Ipaq 2490 and the pocket Fritz for PPC. And, incredible, the pocket fritz and my new device were incompatible to each other! I dont know exactly why, but I couldnt do the pocket fritz works in my Ipaq. I tried for weeks install the program in my device and nothing.Then, I had to content myself with weakers chess programs ( chessgenius for ppc, pocket grandmaster. etc )
I hope Hiarcs for PPC be ready soon.
Alain

Re: Hiarcs for pocket pc

Post by Alain »

Hello,
codonauta wrote:Then, I had to content myself with weakers chess programs ( chessgenius for ppc, pocket grandmaster. etc )
Pocket Fritz is definitely not the strongest program for Pocket PC, see for exemple :
this rating list
or this review

Note also that CEBoard and Scid are free...
yes, we all hope that :)

best regards,
Alain
pgeorges

Post by pgeorges »

Alain wrote:Hello,

Note that this is Scid Pocket (http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/PPC.html), but given the problems you got and its requirements (it eats up tons of memory), you may wish to first try CEBoard.

Pascal
Aleksandr Shvachko

Post by Aleksandr Shvachko »

Alain wrote:Hello,
codonauta wrote:Then, I had to content myself with weakers chess programs ( chessgenius for ppc, pocket grandmaster. etc )
Pocket Fritz is definitely not the strongest program for Pocket PC, see for exemple :
this rating list
or this review

yes, we all hope that :)

best regards,
Alain
Pocket Fritz on the following tournament will get an enourmous book 15Mb (15.7 million moves)... How much this he will add power?
codonauta

strongest engine

Post by codonauta »

I didnt say that pocket Fritz is the strongest one. Until I know, Hiarcs for Palm is the strongest, and the second is the pocket Fritz. First I tried the Hiarcs for palm. But it didnt work, my palm device had a kind of problem ( I guess ), i didnt get install the Hiarcs on it. Then I bought the second, pocket Fritz ( and a pocket pc ).
I knew article of Axel Schumacher, my choice of the programs was based on it. The winner for ppc, as Schumaccher, the pocket grandmaster, is a very good program, but it has a problem: it is not a strong program, it doesnt play a strong chess ( and I am not a strong player! a medium, at most ). But it is the best and my prefered program I have working in my device. Besides, I had the chess genius for ppc, the intelli chess and the pocket chess working in my ppc, but they are not strong.( Intelli chess is weaker than chess genius.) I have some programs for training by convekta too.
I tried the CE board, and the Chessmaster for pocket pc. I couldnt install both of them in my device. I didnt get to do these 2 programs works in my Ipaq.
I ask to Hiarcs team, please , do the Hiarcs for pocket pc works in the H Ipaq 2490! :D
Cubeman

Re: strongest engine

Post by Cubeman »

codonauta wrote:I didnt say that pocket Fritz is the strongest one. Until I know, Hiarcs for Palm is the strongest, and the second is the pocket Fritz. First I tried the Hiarcs for palm. But it didnt work, my palm device had a kind of problem ( I guess ), i didnt get install the Hiarcs on it. Then I bought the second, pocket Fritz ( and a pocket pc ).
I knew article of Axel Schumacher, my choice of the programs was based on it. The winner for ppc, as Schumaccher, the pocket grandmaster, is a very good program, but it has a problem: it is not a strong program, it doesnt play a strong chess ( and I am not a strong player! a medium, at most ). But it is the best and my prefered program I have working in my device. Besides, I had the chess genius for ppc, the intelli chess and the pocket chess working in my ppc, but they are not strong.( Intelli chess is weaker than chess genius.) I have some programs for training by convekta too.
I tried the CE board, and the Chessmaster for pocket pc. I couldnt install both of them in my device. I didnt get to do these 2 programs works in my Ipaq.
I ask to Hiarcs team, please , do the Hiarcs for pocket pc works in the H Ipaq 2490! :D
I think that this article by Axel Schumacher is out of date now, over 2 years ago it was written.You will find that Pocket Grand Master is now a much better program with the new engine of Toga 1.2.1a.
Also which problem do encounter in installing PFritz2 and have you tried a manual install of the cab file that is on the CD.You then have to activate it by using the file explorer and choosing the appropite language.This is what I did, since the automatic install did not work.
There is also a sevice pack on the ChessBase website for PFritz2 which might help in your circumstance.
codonauta

Pocket fritz

Post by codonauta »

I sent a lot of emails to chessbase about my problem, and i received a lot of responses of the person which makes the support in Chessbase too. We changed a lot of emails , but I couldnt do the pocket fritz works in my pocket pc anyway. The conclusion was that the pocket fritz and my Ipaq really were incompatible to each other.
One program that I have difficulties to win is the pocket chess, at the maximum level ( = six ). ( I said, I am not a strong player ) But in this level, it delays 1 minute to make each movement, and I prefer the programs which play faster.
The article of Axel Schumaccher says that Pocket Chess at the level six has about 1750 ELO.
Aleksandr Shvachko

Re: Pocket fritz

codonauta wrote:The article of Axel Schumaccher says that Pocket Chess at the level six has about 1750 ELO.
:D
46 PocketChess, [1.21] 1764
Look:
http://raitpref.hotbox.ru/ct001-r.htm
codonauta

chess pocket ELO

Post by codonauta »

I didnt get to open this link, . Do you want to say that the ELO of Pocket chess al level six is 1764?
I have installed in my pocket the last version of the Pocketgrandmaster. In my experience the strongest engine of the pocketgrandmaster is Fruit 2.1, not Toga 1,2,1a. But I can win that engine if I think a little more, it is not a very strong one.
The program Scid i didnt know. I will try to find it.
Aleksandr Shvachko

Re: chess pocket ELO

codonauta wrote:The program Scid i didnt know. I will try to find it.
scidpocket-0.35
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/download/
Aleksandr Shvachko

Re: chess pocket ELO