Hiarcs World Computer Software Champion 2013!

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Hiarcs World Computer Software Champion 2013!

Post by Harvey Williamson »

The list has not been published yet by the ICGA but as far as I can see these are the confirmed entries so far:

Johannes Zwanzger Jonny
Gyula Horvath Pandix
Stefan Meyer-Kahlen Shredder
Balzs Jako Merlin
Amir Ban, Shay Bushinsky Junior
Mark Uniacke HIARCS
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
RadioSmall

Re: WCCC 2013 in Yokohama

Post by RadioSmall »

Harvey Williamson wrote:The list has not been published yet by the ICGA but as far as I can see these are the confirmed entries so far:

Johannes Zwanzger Jonny
Gyula Horvath Pandix
Stefan Meyer-Kahlen Shredder
Balzs Jako Merlin
Amir Ban, Shay Bushinsky Junior
Mark Uniacke HIARCS
Nice list .I only wish Johan would compete with "THE KING" program. I also wish that there was a commercial version of Pandix .However it is good to see legitimate programs competing .... Really surprising that so many hothead posters in the talkchess forum don't consider this a real worldchampionship ....Why do people want to see the cheaters and the cloners compete??? Hopefully these ICGA events will continue for many years to come...... and long live David Levy..........
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

The ICGA have now posted details here http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/event.php?id=44
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Hans's Diary

For several years now we have been entertained by Hans van der Zijdon during the World Championships. His daily diaries which were all posted here were very entertaining and very funny. For the first time in many years it looks like Hans will not be attending the World championship in Yokohama. He has asked me to write a daily diary instead. He will then also use it in the Dutch CSVN magazine. he did impose one condition. I have to learn Dutch so that he does not have to translate my writing. I will write the daily diary however I doubt it will be as much fun as those by hans have been in previous years. I have spent the last 24 hours learning Dutch so here, for Hans, is this first page of the Diary in Dutch:

Sinds enkele jaren hebben we vermaakt door Hans van der Zijdon tijdens het WK. Zijn dagelijkse dagboeken die allemaal hier zijn geplaatst waren erg vermakelijk en erg grappig. Voor het eerst in vele jaren het lijkt erop dat Hans zal niet aanwezig zijn op de WK in Yokohama. Hij heeft mij gevraagd om een dagboekje plaats schrijven. Hij zal dan ook gebruiken in de Nederlandse CSVN magazine. Hij deed leggen een voorwaarde. Ik heb om Nederlands te leren, zodat hij niet hoeft te mijn schrijven te vertalen. Ik zal het dagboekje maar ik betwijfel of het zal zo leuk zijn als die door hans hebben in voorgaande jaren al schrijven. Ik heb de laatste 24 uur besteed aan het leren Nederlands dus even, voor Hans, dit is de eerste pagina van het dagboek in het Nederlands.
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

You learnt Dutch in 24 hours?!
I studied French & German at Grammar School for five years and still can't speak them!
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Chessmaster Ireland wrote:You learnt Dutch in 24 hours?!
GIYF :twisted:
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Hans's Diary page 2 08/08/13

Well 2 days to go till i get on the plane from sunny Manchester to Copenhagen to connect to the flight to Tokyo and then the train to Yokohama. You would think all would be plain sailing but as always there was a hicup! A few days ago we received an email saying the venue had to be changed. Of course no explanation as to why was given. Yesterday we were told that a new venue had been found, hooray!! Just a short ride by train everyday during the rush hour. It is also hoped that there will be a live broadcast of all games. I have asked the ICGA what the link will be to the 'live' pgn file so HCE users and others can watch the game live. I hope they can provide this well before round 1.
Change of Building for the ICGA Events in Yokohama
Posted on August 8, 2013 by mjlef

It has been necessary for us to change the building where the ICGA events will take place in Yokohama.

The new venue is the 2nd floor of the Collaboration Complex (Kyosei-Kan) at the Hiyoshi Campus of Keio University, Yokohama.

The schedule of the events is only changed very slightly – the workshop will now take place on August 15th from 16:00-20:00. The revised schedule is on the ICGA web site (www.icga.org).

The exact postal address is: 4-1-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa 223-8526.

The building is located a 1 minute walk from Hiyoshi station, which is on the Tokyu Toyoko Line, the Tokyu Meguro Line, and the Yokohama Municipal Subway Green Line.

Here is a link where you will find details of the campus (the first is for an English version, the second for a Japanese version): http://www.evernote.com/shard/s14/sh/f8 ... 76046f0d1d

In Japanese: http://www.kcc.keio.ac.jp/index.html

The next link shows the floor plan: http://www.kcc.keio.ac.jp/floor/floor_2f.html

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this late change. However, Keio University is an excellent venue and it is one of the oldest universities in Japan.

For anyone who does not yet have a hotel reservation, the Richmond Hotel is recommended by a colleague at Keio University. It is two stops from Hiyoshi on the subway and “in a very nice new area”.

http://richmondhotel.jp/en/musashikosugi/

We very much look forward to welcoming you to Yokohama for the 2013 ICGA events.

Kind regards,

David Levy
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Hi Harvey
Very Best OF Luck to you and Mark
we are all pulling for you!

cant wait to watch the games live with my new Explorer!

Hiarcs World Champion Yet Again Regards
Steve
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Steve B wrote:Hi Harvey

Steve
Hi Steve,

Thanks! Should be an interesting tournament.

Looking forwars to the Sushi regards,
Harvey
LoveChessAH

Post by LoveChessAH »

Only interesting...is there playing a new version of Hiarcs or Hiarcs 14?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

LoveChessAH wrote:Only interesting...is there playing a new version of Hiarcs or Hiarcs 14?
A new version.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:Hi Harvey

Steve
See the games with hiarc explorer?
How is that? How it is done?

Just playing games regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Live broadcast of games

Hiarcs Chess Explorer customers can watch the games from Yokohama live. Click on File and then Open Url

For the WCCC enter http://icga.uvt.nl/wp-uploads/conference/WCCC/games.pgn

For the WCSC enter http://icga.uvt.nl/wp-uploads/conference/WCSC/games.pgn

The playing schedule is here all times are Japanese so a bit of conversion needed:

Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Great Harvey

so round one is on Monday starting at 12:00 (Japan time?)
Japan is 13 hours ahead of East Coast time
so i think that means round one is at 11pm at night here??

Converting Regards
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Steve B wrote:Great Harvey

so round one is on Monday starting at 12:00 (Japan time?)

Converting Regards
Steve
1400 japan time!