Rybka down !! Hiarcs won 'Paderborn' !!!

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
John van Spijker

Rybka down !! Hiarcs won 'Paderborn' !!!

Post by John van Spijker »

Hello Hiarcs Scientists,

We've got the best start for 2008; Hiarcs won the German Paderborn tournament.
Great congrats to the Hiarcs team (especially Mark) ....you did it !!

At "Playchess server" all the Rybka 'groupies' were very nerveous and they were chatting "bullshit" on "playchess' server in order to defend their defeat !!!
Very pathetic and it shows that Rybka groupies are mostly teenagers still living with their mothers........ and only want to score ELO ....

Let me rephrase :

For us "real" engine players know there is an
another world besides Rybka .......our world is not ELO hunting, but
studying , analysing and "refine" the engine .....this means also
accept the sometimes not so strong "in between versions" , but we know
"developing" is a recursive task ......we believe in Hiarcs and other
engines then Rybka, and the good old "Darwin" has proven a long time
ago , that "diversity" is the key of life and survival, "Rybka inbreed
and "groupie" like followers will die out quite soon :-)

As I said earlier on the Playchess server, a lot of so called "Rybka" lovers (groupies) only go for the ELO hunt.
All those Rybka "Groupies" cannot accept Rybka defeat, they mostly are teenagers.........
All those so called Rybka fans are not very mature ...they only want to get a higher ELO score ....playing style and "intelligent refinement" is out of scope for those "groupies" :-)

Hiarcs is not a part of that ......

I've said enough :-)

Greetings from Holland,

John.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Hi John,

I have nothing to say except to ask what beer you will bring me next time in Leiden?

Happy New Year,

Harvey
John van Spijker

Victory needs a good beer ..........

Post by John van Spijker »

Hello Harvey,

Yes, I have work too ...... but for all Hiarcs victories we need a special beer ....yes at CSVN you've got "Karakter" beer (english; "character beer", 12%) only "Real Boys" can drink that kind of Dutch beer. And we Dutch like the English because we like to Scr** enemies :-)
This Paderborn victory shows "Hiarcs" is a "Real Boys" engine .. (oke, my wife likes your shirt ..()) , but now I've contacted a Belgian monnistary brewery (within 6 months Belgian is a part of Holland again) to brew for CSVN 2008 a special beer for the great winner .........I hope Hiarcs will be the winner ........ and I think you will beat Rybka with two fingers in "your algorithm" :-)

"Brewery regards" .

John.
Hetman

Post by Hetman »

Hi,

I agree that Hiarcs is the subtle engine.

I played interested engine match from the endgame position between Hiarcs 9 and Rybka 2.3.2a. The position was drawn and both engines has made the draw playing for both sides but Hiarcs play was more human or inteligent one for me.

I do not know if it has been the problem of not very strong computer on which the older engine is operating better or sth else.
I will try to find that game and post it.

Rgds
Hetman
sidserious

Post by sidserious »

Once again congratulations to a truly remarkable chess engine! Never turn your back on, or underestimate Hiarcs or you will regret you ever did! :)