Novag Citrine Chess Computer.

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
pr1uk

Re: Novag Citrine Chess Computer.

Post by pr1uk »

7Chessfan7 wrote:Is there any way to know for certain if a Novag Citrine chess computer is a Series 3 Novag Citrine as opposed to an earlier version of the Novag Citrine?
No replies so the answer must be No,
Out of interest what is the differences between the series 1 to 3 then i have just been offered one but also i have another board in mind too.
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

I can see why it seems important from my research the first series had some major software faults reported so hence the series 2. There again if they went on to produce a series 3 even that series may have a problem. Must be user's out there who own a Citrine and know if they work without any problems.
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

The first series of Novag Citrine came on the UCB board from Novag. This UCB letters were printed on the board. They also came out with oppening book bug. The second series came out in a board with out this letters and with the bug openning fixed. There was another update of the software but i do not know what was that for.

Here is a link about citrine and you can see both boards.

http://www.meca-web.es/articulos/articulo_7.htm
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

Thank you Ricard that as also answered 7Chessfan7 question i am sure its a good board but not for me.

Peter