Comments on the Revelation II dedicated chess computer

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Hi Steve,

After our match Rev II vs Mysticum i forgot to ask you if Rev II uses
EGTB. Mysticum uses Gaviota.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

ricard60 wrote:Hi Steve,

Hi Ricardo
no none of the installed engines use EGTB
I guess if i loaded up a UCI engine with the UCI server it would but i have no interest in the UCI features

Dedicated Forever Regards
Steve
Brian B

Post by Brian B »

Success! I went to the local library and was able to access both websites. Left Rudd a message to get things started.

Not sure why I couldn't access the sites from the house, but none of the devices could go there. I guess it must be an issue with the AT&T Uverse internet, don't really know.

It takes more than a lousy internet provider to get between a man and his future dedicated chess computer!

Thanks for all of your help.

Brian B
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Steve B wrote:

Hi Ricardo
I guess if i loaded up a UCI engine with the UCI server it would but i have no interest in the UCI features

Steve
The second world champion SciSys Chess Champion Mark V played perfect endings with K+B+N against K. So dedicated did have some EGTB
Also i believe Turbo King I or II or maybe both had ending modules.

Some EGTB on dedicated chess machine regards
Ricardo
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

ricard60 wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Hi Ricardo

Steve
The second world champion SciSys Chess Champion Mark V played perfect endings with K+B+N against K. So dedicated did have some EGTB

Ricardo
Well I thought you were asking about EGTB's Like Gaviota
of course the engines in the Rev all have EG knowledge such as mates,King opposition etcetc

square Of The Pawn Regards
Steve
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Steve B wrote:
ricard60 wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Hi Ricardo

Steve

Ricardo
Well I thought you were asking about EGTB's Like Gaviota
of course the engines in the Rev all have EG knowledge such as mates,King opposition etcetc

square Of The Pawn Regards
Steve
I believe EGTB is part of EG knowledge. The first dedicated probably did not have this EG knowledge but after the second world champion SciSys Chess Champion Mark V i am sure the following champions increase more and more the EG knowledge up to now where the EGTB is the final stage of this EG knowledge.

evolution of the EG knowledge in dedicated chess machine regards
Ricardo
xchessg

Re: Another retro style option for the Revelation II

Post by xchessg »

xchessg wrote:
DGT really needs to get going on the Rev II to PC connection, in fact it should already have been done...

Xavier
Hello!

Finally something new to report that really pleases me. DGT has updated their Rabbitpluggin Driver that allows move indication with the Leds in e-board mode! It is now being tested (an update on Rev is required), but it seems to work great. One can now finally play with Fritz&Co under the Chessbase GUI with the Leds actually working....

Along with other improvements (the possibilty to upload games to PC), Revelation II is approaching perfection...

Xavier
Scrooge_Mcdude

Post by Scrooge_Mcdude »

xchessg wrote:
xchessg wrote:
DGT really needs to get going on the Rev II to PC connection, in fact it should already have been done...

Xavier
Hello!

Finally something new to report that really pleases me. DGT has updated their Rabbitpluggin Driver that allows move indication with the Leds in e-board mode! It is now being tested (an update on Rev is required), but it seems to work great. One can now finally play with Fritz&Co under the Chessbase GUI with the Leds actually working....

Along with other improvements (the possibilty to upload games to PC), Revelation II is approaching perfection...

Xavier

This is accurate information. I've tested it myself and am so pleased. Just hoping that on future enhancements it will include the list of moves, name of engine in use, and the evaluation.
Lars Sandin
SSDF

SSDF testing of Revelation II Hiarcs 14.1

Post by Lars Sandin »

The SSDF testing of the Revelation II Hiarcs 14.1 has started.
For games and standings, see the Tournament & matches section.

Best regards
Lars Sandin, SSDF
xchessg

Re: SSDF testing of Revelation II Hiarcs 14.1

Post by xchessg »

Lars Sandin wrote:The SSDF testing of the Revelation II Hiarcs 14.1 has started.

Best regards
Seen that, thank you. Shredder runs at 624 Mhz on the Ipaq, is it? Even on equal terms, Shredder struggles against Hiarcs on this kind of Hardware... It's a massacre...

Xavier
Lars Sandin
SSDF

Re: SSDF testing of Revelation II Hiarcs 14.1

Post by Lars Sandin »

xchessg wrote:
Lars Sandin wrote:The SSDF testing of the Revelation II Hiarcs 14.1 has started.

Best regards
Seen that, thank you. Shredder runs at 624 Mhz on the Ipaq, is it? Even on equal terms, Shredder struggles against Hiarcs on this kind of Hardware... It's a massacre...

Xavier
You're welcome! Yes, Pocket Shredder runs at 624 MHz on the HP Ipaq 114. Revelation II Hiarcs 14.1 seems to be a very strong combination of hardware/software and has certainly impressed me. Both by its looks and of course its performance so far! The former match between Rev I Hiarcs 13.3 and Pocket Shredder was a more tighter affair and that one finished 11,5-8,5 in favor of Rev I Hiarcs 13.3. Will be interesting to see how this will end!

It's to early to say anything for sure, but this start reminds me of one of my old meetings where I matched Palm Hiarcs 9.5 on a Tungsten E against the Novag Star Sapphire. If I remember correctly, Star Sapphire impressed with a strong draw in the first game, only to lose the remaining 19 games after that. I seriously doubt that this will be the case this time though. 8)

Best regards
Lars Sandin, SSDF
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Scrooge_Mcdude wrote:
xchessg wrote:
xchessg wrote:

Xavier
Hello!

Xavier

This is accurate information. I've tested it myself and am so pleased. Just hoping that on future enhancements it will include the list of moves, name of engine in use, and the evaluation.
where exactly are these new drivers and updates ?
the REV II site is showing the same Rabbit Plugin driver from Jan 2014 and Ruud's site shows nothing new since February?

Clicking Aimlessly Regards
Steve
ifekali

Post by ifekali »

Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

And this new driver can be used with which Firmware version of Rev ll?
i still have 3.07

Regards
Steve
xchessg

Post by xchessg »

Steve B wrote:
And this new driver can be used with which Firmware version of Rev ll?
i still have 3.07

Regards
Steve
Hi,

From 3.12 onwards... Testing 3.12B now. Works just fine with Fritz&Co from the Chessbase GUI. I think Ruud is cooking yet another update... So, don't hurry.

Xavier