Comments on the Revelation II dedicated chess computer

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

xchessg wrote:

My Rev connects just fine with the server with the black pieces in front of me.
OK
Thanks
Regards
Steve
Scrooge_Mcdude

Post by Scrooge_Mcdude »

Steve - I pulled out my Revelation and it played fine with black pieces at the bottom. No bluetooth disconnection.

Regards,
Clarion[/quote]
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Scrooge_Mcdude wrote:Steve - I pulled out my Revelation and it played fine with black pieces at the bottom. No bluetooth disconnection.

Regards,
Clarion
Thanks Clarion
as suspected its my quirky Bluetooth connection

Dental Regards
Stece
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

How long after registering did peoples accounts become active? I registered this morning to update my RevII but the site has no record of me yet?

Also just trying to login now I get an invalid token error, anyone else getting that?

Cheers

Paul
xchessg

Post by xchessg »

Wardy wrote:How long after registering did peoples accounts become active? I registered this morning to update my RevII but the site has no record of me yet?

Also just trying to login now I get an invalid token error, anyone else getting that?

Cheers

Paul
I registered back in january or so. Then, I only got an active account after reply by mail from someone from DGT, that involved also an invalid token error; That was on a working day obviously, so my guess is you'll have to be patient till monday or so...

Xavier
Xavier
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Thanks Xavier, looks like I'll have to wait.
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Seems my first attempt at registering didn't succeed, however my second attempt has generated the two emails that are issued. I still can't see the link for 3.14 but guessing that gets released once I'm on the approved list.

I only know my first attempt didn't succeed thanks to Ruud. After not hearing back all day yesterday from DGT I mailed him last night via his Phoenix address and got an instant reply, despite the fact it was nearly midnight where he was in Austria on holiday - if anyone is in any doubt as to where to buy their RevII from I hope this steers you towards Ruud.

You can't beat dealing with the creator regards

Paul
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Wardy wrote:

Paul
Well Said Paul
strangely the same exact thing happened to me
i registered on the site in early August
i replied to various emails asking for confirmation of my registration..and nothing
after a day or so i finally decided to contact Ruud and within hours my account was activated and i was good to go

On The Seventh Day Ruud Rested ...And It Was Good Regards
Steve
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

3.14 Locked and Loaded :-)
xchessg

Post by xchessg »

Steve B wrote:
Wardy wrote:

Paul
Well Said Paul
strangely the same exact thing happened to me
i registered on the site in early August
i replied to various emails asking for confirmation of my registration..and nothing
after a day or so i finally decided to contact Ruud and within hours my account was activated and i was good to go

On The Seventh Day Ruud Rested ...And It Was Good Regards
Steve
Hi,

I had the same experience back in january. The DGT boys send me:
"Due to a incorrect format check on the Bluetooth address field this information is incomplete. Could you please mail me the Bluetooth address so I can check and add this to your membership? Sorry for the inconvenience."

It had something to do with an "0" they expected to be an "4".

Anyway, I got activated. Surprising, that the fog hasn't cleared since at DGT...

Xavier
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Hi Xavier

as you are a 2100 Fide rated player you might want to try your hand at Nick's 15th century chess game
i think you will enjoy it

http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6835

Go For It Regards
Steve
Shaun

Position Set up issues - Rev 2

Post by Shaun »

Hello All

I've been struggling to set up a position with Black to play and win, and the Board reversed, I.e. Black playing from the LCD display side of the board. Has anyone experienced similar problems ... or is it just old age and ... And ... And ... Forgetfulness! Does it matter whether you select 'position set up' or 'reverse board' first?

Any comments or suggestions welcome!
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Position Set up issues - Rev 2

Post by Steve B »

Shaun wrote:Hello All

I've been struggling to set up a position with Black to play and win, and the Board reversed, I.e. Black playing from the LCD display side of the board. Has anyone experienced similar problems ... or is it just old age and ... And ... And ... Forgetfulness! Does it matter whether you select 'position set up' or 'reverse board' first?

Any comments or suggestions welcome!
Already discussed here:

http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=66949#66949

Deja Vu Regards
Steve
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

Can I ask: what engines come with the RII? Which is the strongest?

Can you install any UCI engine or does it have to be adapted for the Revelation's hardware?

And last question (this may sound silly, but I haven't kept up with dedicated machines) - presumably this is quite a bit stronger than the Tasc R30 / R40?
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Carl Bicknell wrote:Can I ask: what engines come with the RII? Which is the strongest?

Can you install any UCI engine or does it have to be adapted for the Revelation's hardware?

And last question (this may sound silly, but I haven't kept up with dedicated machines) - presumably this is quite a bit stronger than the Tasc R30 / R40?
Hi Carl
depending on the engine the Rev II plays at the 2800-2900 level ..a good 400-500 Pts stronger then the Tasc Machines

if you go to the Rev II site all of your questions will be answered:

http://www.phoenixcs.nl/index.php?optio ... 73&lang=en

Re-Directing Regards
Steve