iPad IOS 8.0.2 graphics anomalies

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

ssace

iPad IOS 8.0.2 graphics anomalies

Post by ssace »

with latest upgrade to IOS 8 for ipad my graphics in Hiarcs is broken. chessboard is chopped up on the screen.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

You will find setting the "Color Scheme" in the Hiarcs->View options menu to one of the first 5 solid colours will resolve the issue while you are awaiting the update to be released on the AppStore.

I first submitted the new 13.7 iPad version with iOS8 updates which resolves this issue nearly two weeks ago. The app is still waiting to be reviewed by Apple before it can appear on the AppStore. I have asked for an expedited review of the update but Apple have refused the request. I am sorry for the inconvenience but it is in Apple's hands, hopefully it will appear on the AppStore soon.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Vijayendra

iOS 8.x issues

Post by Vijayendra »

Thanks for suggesting plain color boards as a quick work around. I am relieved.

Noticed the load game section is not showing the pgn file names properly. Shows the file name when tapped only. Hope this can be plugged soon.

Suggest navigation arrow (fast forward) can be used to load next game of the current pgn rather than going thru load game option again. This feature will be useful for all users, I presume. (I may be wrong there may be a short cut already)

Thanks for HIARCS, it is a wonderful app.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

It would have been nice if iOS8 had maintained full backwards compatibility.

The update is built against iOS8 and the load game PGN naming works ok as it did prior to iOS8.

There is a load prev and next game feature in the iOS versions.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com