Carlsen-Anand 2014

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Cyberchess

Post by Cyberchess »

Cyberchess wrote:
ricard60 wrote:A sicilian in the fourth game, probabably we will not see anymore 1..e5 from Anand with black pieces or at least a spanish. Maybe in the spanish oppening Carlsen sails better than Anand.
:idea: Agreed. Hopefully at the very least no more Berlin variation in this match.

Well, I predicted that Vishy would fare better playing outside of India, and thus far he has exceeded my expectations.

Round 4 saw Vishy saddled with split Ps on the queenside, but he managed to defend accurately, and Magnus was unable to make progress in the end.

Let’s see how it goes tomorrow…

:shock: Hangin' on the edge of my seat regards,
John
Anand failed to heed our forewarning here. Doesn’t anyone play the French these days?

:x Disappointing Finish Regards,
John
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Cyberchess wrote:
Cyberchess wrote:
ricard60 wrote:A sicilian in the fourth game, probabably we will not see anymore 1..e5 from Anand with black pieces or at least a spanish. Maybe in the spanish oppening Carlsen sails better than Anand.
:idea: Agreed. Hopefully at the very least no more Berlin variation in this match.

Well, I predicted that Vishy would fare better playing outside of India, and thus far he has exceeded my expectations.

Round 4 saw Vishy saddled with split Ps on the queenside, but he managed to defend accurately, and Magnus was unable to make progress in the end.

Let’s see how it goes tomorrow…

:shock: Hangin' on the edge of my seat regards,
John
Anand failed to heed our forewarning here. Doesn’t anyone play the French these days?

:x Disappointing Finish Regards,
John
Or why not a Caro-Khan? Does it anyone plays it either?. I thought Anand would come up with a solid defense with black and leave it all for the 12th game to play it with white.

seconds preparation regards
Ricardo
Monsieur Plastique

Post by Monsieur Plastique »

Carlsen should now be looking for new challenges. Such as playing Owens Defense as black and Birds Opening as white. :lol:
Chess is like painting the Mona Lisa whilst walking through a minefield.