Endspielposition

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
paulwise3

Endspielposition

Post by paulwise3 »

Studying Nicks report on Horvath play styles, I came to http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/in ... elposition which I visited earlyer for another machine. There, the Krypton Challenge is mentioned with a solution time of 4'10". So I gave my Sphinx Concerto a try in analysis mode, standard playing style 5. It appeared that it found the right move already within 40 seconds! Maybe not with the right arguments behind it, but it sticked with that move for as long I had patience. So I gave it another try on level 23 (30 secs per move fixed time). And see, after some pondering on other moves, it played all the right moves! So, after having my doubts on its playing strength (it has trouble beating the Europa, after 4 matches on 30 secs average time it has 1 loss, 2 draws and, finally, 1 win), I get new respect for this machine! :D