Analysis explorer engines not displaying

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

madler

Analysis explorer engines not displaying

Post by madler »

I updated to 1.8 and the engines (and consequently the analysis) are gone.

When I look for the engines under preferences (edit > preferences > engines tab), I see them both there. The Nalimov database path is empty - I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

And yes, the analysis explorer window is open and I've tried clicking both (there's only two) buttons. There's no drop-down menu for selecting the engines.

If there's some way to upload images I can take screenshots so it will be clearer.

Thanks![/img]
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

I suggest you email support Image
madler

Post by madler »

Done. Thanks!
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

If I recall my email response correctly this was a question about engine selection while playing a game. When playing a game against a chosen engine you cannot change the engine you are playing.

It is possible to save the game in progress and later chose any position to play from against any engine you have installed but once the game is in play you cannot switch engines at that point.

This is in contrast to analysis where you can change engines at any point simply by changing the engine selector in the Analysis Explorer view.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com