Public Thanks to Steven B.

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Public Thanks to Steven B.

Post by Fernando »

I want to make emphasis here about my feelings with respect to the great effort Steven put to let me win the eBay contest for the Champion septennial. He is a master of betting as correspond to an old Las Vegas operator, But besides that he is a great friend. Champion is in prime conditions as if nobody before ever played a game with it.
It is strong, full of features AND it is a Champion.
Happy as a kid regards
Fern
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Re: Public Thanks to Steven B.

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote:I want to make emphasis here about my feelings with respect to the great effort Steven put to let me win the eBay contest for the Champion septennial. He is a master of betting as correspond to an old Las Vegas operator, But besides that he is a great friend. Champion is in prime conditions as if nobody before ever played a game with it.
Happy as a kid regards
Fern
Steve truly is a Champion he takes care of fellow collectors. But hey you need to thank the whole Forum, I suspect that everyone abstained from bidding just to help a man from Ipanema or close enough!

Best regards and congrats on your new Toy!
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:I want to make emphasis here about my feelings with respect to the great effort Steven put to let me win the eBay contest for the Champion septennial. He is a master of betting as correspond to an old Las Vegas operator, But besides that he is a great friend. Champion is in prime conditions as if nobody before ever played a game with it.
Happy as a kid regards
Fern
Steve truly is a Champion he takes care of fellow collectors. But hey you need to thank the whole Forum, I suspect that everyone abstained from bidding just to help a man from Ipanema or close enough!

You are right and so I should thanks everybody here, besides the fact that one member here :-) offered me to send me, for a trifling amount of money, his own Champion, which was a very generous offer that I could stop to materialize thanks to this ebay opportunity.
You can be sure that when I come here -which i almost do every day- I feel as coming inside a club of friendly gentlemen.
A real pleasure to share here.
BTW, I have the chance to meet Steven in New York some years ago. I went there with my daughter Maya, we were invited to a lunch and as if that was not enough he gave me as a splendid gift THREE comps, one of them so valuable I do not dare to tell the full history....
Fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

spacious_mind wrote:
Happy as a kid regards
Fern

Thanks Nick for those kind words
it should also be said that YOU have also always helped me in the past with some items i needed..always helping when you could and always refusing anything in return

i think you are 100% right about the bidding as well

Highest Regards
Steve
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:

BTW, I have the chance to meet Steven in New York some years ago. I went there with my daughter Maya, we were invited to a lunch and as if that was not enough he gave me as a splendid gift THREE comps, one of them so valuable I do not dare to tell the full history....
Fern
Actually i met you when you were traveling with 3 men from your TV crew

i met Maya on a separate occasion when she visited NY with her Fiance at that time

the pleasure was all mine on both occasions

New York Moments Regards
Steve
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:

You are right and so I should thanks everybody here, besides the fact that one member here :-) offered me to send me, for a trifling amount of money, his own Champion, which was a very generous offer that I could stop to materialize thanks to this ebay opportunity.
You can be sure that when I come here -which i almost do every day- I feel as coming inside a club of friendly gentlemen.
My guess is that would be Larry
another fellow collector who looks out for his comrades
also Kudos to Mike for helping me on several occassions as well

we all might engage in a healthy,full throated debate every now an again but we all share a love for the hobby

Singing Kumbaya Regards
Steve

:P
Last edited by Steve B on Fri May 15, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:

My guess is that would be Larry
another fellow collector who looks out for his comrades
also Kudos to Mike for helping me on several occassions as well
we might all have a healthy debate every now an again but we all share a love for the hobby

Singing Kumbaya Regards
Steve

:P
Your guess is right. It was Larry. I am happy I was not compelled to accept his sacrifice. It is incredible how people that does not even knows the face of the other guy are available for perform such favors.
Of course an after all this Champion Saga if ever someone here ask my support or even a computer from my tiny collection, you can bet that...

I will ask a lot of money regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:

Fern
Actually i met you when you were traveling with 3 men from your TV crew

i met Maya on a separate occasion when she visited NY with her Fiance at that time

the pleasure was all mine on both occasions

New York Moments Regards
Steve
That's truth. I was mixing that visit with another with Maya when we met our common friend Schwartz, from ICD.

66 years old deterioration regards
Fern
Festina Lente