Novag Robot Adversary on ebay

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
b4xter

Novag Robot Adversary on ebay

Post by b4xter »

Hi Everyone,

just wanted to let you know that I have listed a Robot Adversary on ebay. The starting bid is just 1 USD. If you have questions about it, you can ask me here as well.

Regards,

Tibor
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Hi
it amazes me you can play a full game with the Robot given you dont have the original pieces
with no dust cover and no original packing material there is no way this computer would survive a trip to the US without becoming defective

even in perfect condition i have yet to see a Robot Adversary last more then 2-4 Hrs of playing time without the Arm malfunctioning ..and i have had 3 of them

From Hungary With Love Regards
Steve
b4xter

Post by b4xter »

Hi Steve,

I can play a full game, the only issue is that I have to adjust the pieces sometimes. It needs some patience though. I own this machine since 2005, and have played more than hundred full games since I bought, without any serious problem.
Regarding the shipment: yes, you are right, this is my main concern too, and this is why I offer personal handover in Europe. The Robot is a fragile machine. My heart is bleeding that I have to sell it, but I cannot keep my collection anymore - I am moving to Japan soon.

Best regards,

Tibor
b4xter

Post by b4xter »

Steve B wrote:there is no way this computer would survive a trip to the US without becoming defective
Steve, you were right. I have sold it to a US-based collector on ebay. Made an oversecured bombproof package, secured the arm, but he has received the Robot in terrible condition: the arm was completely broken off at the base. I have offered him a full refund with the option he can keep the machine :(
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

b4xter wrote:
Steve B wrote:there is no way this computer would survive a trip to the US without becoming defective
Steve, you were right. I have sold it to a US-based collector on ebay. Made an oversecured bombproof package, secured the arm, but he has received the Robot in terrible condition: the arm was completely broken off at the base. I have offered him a full refund with the option he can keep the machine :(
I am sorry to hear this
however I cannot say I feel pity for the collector
he had to know the dangers and perils involved in shipping the Robot this distance
he took the gamble.. but it seems you are the only one paying for it
you are an honorable man
Highest Regards
Steve
chesspcmac

Post by chesspcmac »

I feel sad about this event, another computer most likely gone forever, .......almost like CECIL the lion.

Cecil"s Regards

Mike
"Sir, the slowness of genius is hard to bear, but the slowness of mediocrity is insufferable"

Henry Thomas Buckle
IvenGO

Post by IvenGO »

Probably high-skilled engineer can fix it, see this article:

https://sites.google.com/site/proyectos ... ovag_robot
b4xter

Post by b4xter »

IvenGO wrote:Probably high-skilled engineer can fix it, see this article:

https://sites.google.com/site/proyectos ... ovag_robot
Thanks so much, I have sent it to the new owner - I do not know whether he is aware of this forum. He says he is a fix-it-man and has experience with such things. To tell the truth I would not dare to touch that broken Robot :(