Gavon Chess Test Scores

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
spacious_mind

Gavon Chess Test Scores

Post by spacious_mind »

Here is the completed list of test scores for all the Gavon chess programs.

GAVON

I have created a color key to allow me to easily note the chess programs that I would include in any tournaments with dedicated chess computers and keep the challenge competitive. This is based on the top Tasc R30 or Chessmachine programs being entered as well.

COLOR KEY

Below are all the test scores for 43 Gavon chess programs. There are 3 new chess programs that are now available for Gavon that are missing on this list which are:

* Robbolito v. 0.90 by Yakov Petrovich
* Ifrit v. J3.6 by Brenkman Andrey
* Darky v. 0.5e by Alex Guerrero

This would make it a total of 46 chess programs for Gavon. I will add these last three to the Gavon tests as soon as I have these updated on my Gavon.

GAVON TEST SCORES

I placed Fruit 2.1, Crafty 24.1 and Hakkapeliitta 1 on the fringe because from past experience Fruit and Crafty 24.1 should have performed better than what they scored. With Fruit 24.1 Rating Game 4 was it's nemesis. With Hakkapeliitta 1, I am not sure yet, only because Hakkapeliitta 2 shows such strength.

I was surprised at just how good the program DON is, written by Ehsan Rashid. It outperformed both Stockfish 5.0 and Stockfish 3.32!

Best regards
Nick