DOS and Console Chess Test Scores

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
spacious_mind

DOS and Console Chess Test Scores

Post by spacious_mind »

Here is the list of DOS and Consoles test scores that I have carried out so far.

With DOS and Consoles it looks a little messy because I am also trying to test the different play styles as well as different hardware such as 486 & 386 etc together with different speeds from 66 MHz down to 16 MHz. But I think this is interesting for seeing performances at different speeds and also seeing the different play styles in action.

COLOR KEY

Same color key is used to help me to easily see the chess programs that I would include in any tournaments with dedicated chess computers and keep the challenge competitive. This is based on the top Tasc R30 or Chessmachine programs being entered as well.

DOS AND CONSOLE TEST SCORES

There are still very many programs that need to be added to complete tests with DOS and Consoles. But it seems so far that other than XBOX Chessmaster, all the other tested programs can easily be included with dedicated chess computers in tournaments.

Best regards
Nick