Collector's Corner..On The First Chess Playing Machines...

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

And Finally...

In addition to being able to Predict the long term future as well as Daily predictions..The Great Taro can also answer a Yes or No Question

i asked him this...
Was Nelson the Programmer of the GM?...
His reply...

Probably Not

Needles to say the Great Taro Is now ..

Sitting Face Down In My Waste Paper Basket Regards
Steve
Monsieur Plastique

Post by Monsieur Plastique »

Why is it being such a non-committal wiffle-waffle? After all, it only needs to look back on the past, not into the future. Sounds like this magical Turk used new old stock reject parts from the Chess Challenger One. Or perhaps it is actually far more brilliant than we could ever imagine and was programmed to avoid flame wars.
Chess is like painting the Mona Lisa whilst walking through a minefield.
Cyberchess

Re: Collector's Corner..On The First Chess Playing Machines.

Post by Cyberchess »

Steve B wrote: I am trying to attach the Fidelity Thermal Printer (model FP) to
Taro's mouth so i can record the predictions..if that doesnt work ill try the Impact Printer(model IPC)

i am using it today to find out what Apple's Stock will be selling for next week

I Am Going To Be Rich Beyond My Wildest Dreams I Tell You Regards
Steve
Your vintage Taro unit appears to be complete and in like-new condition. I like the way the Fidelity logo is displayed in the form of an amulet worn by the mystic seer. An excellent addition to your Fidelity collection!

It’s rather a pity that the seer isn’t coin operated. You could make a fortune off of William Shatner alone.

Nick of Time Regards,
John
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Cyberchess wrote:

Your vintage Taro unit appears to be complete and in like-new condition. I like the way the Fidelity logo is displayed in the form of an amulet worn by the mystic seer. An excellent addition to your Fidelity collection!
So John
have you read my question in the CyberChess Thread?
http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=72500#72500

Re-Directing Regaerds
Steve
klute

Post by klute »

Cyberchess wrote:Your vintage Taro unit appears to be complete and in like-new condition.
I noticed that too and being an original packaging materials connoisseur, was extremely impressed by the sealed deck of cards and the factory plastic bag within which the man himself resided.

I do hope Steve has retained these packaging materials in his haste to benefit from the wisdom of this wisest of sages.

Just how the Fidelity Swami managed to hold his breath and go without food and water for over 30 years is a cause for great wonder. Then again, one would expect nothing less of...

...Taro The Mystic Card Reader Regards
The Klute offers you the white pieces and the advantage of the first move.