Who wins at long time cont Fid. Master 2265 vs Saitek GK2100

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Celadus

Who wins at long time cont Fid. Master 2265 vs Saitek GK2100

Post by Celadus »

Has any testing been done at long time controls using best features for each machine? Both are around 1970 elo.
What is the result?
Both machines seem to be very tactical.
The Fid Master has hash so may be better in the end game if it reaches that stage.

Any preference for one or the other?
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Who wins at long time cont Fid. Master 2265 vs Saitek GK

Post by Fernando »

Celadus wrote:Has any testing been done at long time controls using best features for each machine? Both are around 1970 elo.
What is the result?
The Fid Master has hash so may be better in the end game if it reaches that stage.

I would bet for Fidelity. Spracklen programs have a very good ending code.

Fern
Festina Lente
IanO

Post by IanO »

Celadus wrote:Has any testing been done at long time controls using best features for each machine? Both are around 1970 elo.
What is the result?

The closest was the SSDF testing of the big brother Mach IV vs. GK2100: Mach IV 68020 14,5-25,5

I am surprised that these two were never put head-to-head by the SSDF.

I'd also prefer the Mach III: slightly faster and hash tables for the endgame vs. Morsch's null-move heuristics.
Celadus

Post by Celadus »

IanO wrote:
What is the result?

The closest was the SSDF testing of the big brother Mach IV vs. GK2100: Mach IV 68020 14,5-25,5

I am surprised that these two were never put head-to-head by the SSDF.

I'd also prefer the Mach III: slightly faster and hash tables for the endgame vs. Morsch's null-move heuristics.

The GK2100 beat the Mach4 25.5 to 14.5. How surprising. The games must have been decided before the end game. The Mach 4 has hash which helps the end game.
The Mach 3 Master would probably lose by a higher margin despite it's hash tables.
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Yes, I would have said GK2100 would have no trouble beating Mach III in a match at 30 seconds per move. At tournament level I am not so sure, the extra time might help Mach III a little.

I played RS2250 one time in a tournament were it also had no trouble beating Mach IV.

Best regards
Nick
IanO

Post by IanO »

Celadus wrote:The GK2100 beat the Mach4 25.5 to 14.5. How surprising. The games must have been decided before the end game. The Mach 4 has hash which helps the end game.
The Mach 3 Master would probably lose by a higher margin despite it's hash tables.
Other way around. Mach IV beat GK2100.