Are there any current lists of known computers by strength?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Dick Schneiders

Are there any current lists of known computers by strength?

Post by Dick Schneiders »

i have been searching various sites, admittedly only for a couple of days, without success. I still have one I printed off in early 2005 from a Dutch site, titled Schaakcomputers sinds 1978. That, plus a list of Fidelity computers by model number from Steve from the same time frame, were reference sources for my former collecting self. I don't expect to be acquiring any more, but there is a tiny spark of interest smoldering in my belly right now.

My wife is currently searching for a fire extinguisher!!

Thanks,

Dick
trontreez

Post by trontreez »

Dick Schneiders

Post by Dick Schneiders »

Perfect!

I should have kept searching, but as I have gotten older, I have become much more impatient.

Thanks you,

Dick
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Dick Schneiders wrote:
Perfect!

I should have kept searching, but as I have gotten older, I have become much more impatient.

Thanks you,

Dick
If you click on Memberlist at the top of our screen you will see all the members listed alphabetically, you can also sort it by number of posts and things like that. Unfortunately not everyone lists their email address.

Best regards
Nick
Lars Sandin
SSDF

Re: Are there any current lists of known computers by streng

Post by Lars Sandin »

Dick Schneiders wrote:i have been searching various sites, admittedly only for a couple of days, without success. I still have one I printed off in early 2005 from a Dutch site, titled Schaakcomputers sinds 1978. That, plus a list of Fidelity computers by model number from Steve from the same time frame, were reference sources for my former collecting self. I don't expect to be acquiring any more, but there is a tiny spark of interest smoldering in my belly right now.

My wife is currently searching for a fire extinguisher!!

Thanks,

Dick
You could also check our SSDF-ratinglist. We have several of the older chess computers in our list. You have to check the longer list though, as we have 345 tested computers there.

Link to our homepage:
http://ssdf.bosjo.net/list.htm

Link to the longer list:
http://ssdf.bosjo.net/long.txt

Best regards
Lars Sandin, SSDF