Munchen Board Problem

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
blaubaer

Re: Munchen Board Problem

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Robert,
Irrawang wrote:I assume the polarity of the magnet doesn't matter.
of course not! 8)

Regards, Michael
Mike Watters

Re: Munchen board problem

Post by Mike Watters »

Irrawang wrote:After years of neglect I've recently plugged in my Mephisto Munchen London and there are a number of reed switches that aren't responding. I believe it's possible to replace these switches. So I'd appreciate any advice on how to go about it. Meanwhile I'll try Nick's advice and try to activate these switches.
Cheers,
Rob
Good luck with trying to activate the reed switches Rob. As others have said persistence can pay off but if you need to replace reed switches hope this helps - http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/html/conchess.html

All the best
Mike
Irrawang

Munchen Board Problem

Post by Irrawang »

Thanks for the help guys. Persistence did pay off! I did as Nick suggested by repeatedly trying to activate the switches and then I left the unit switched on over night with pieces on the affected squares. Now they're all working, although g8 is a bit sluggish. I'll continue to use the machine until it is working smoothly.
Thank you all for your prompt replys.
Cheers,
Robert.
Always pays to read the manual.