RU Interested in a Higher ELO Tournament-Mysticum/Gavon etc?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Nick,
spacious_mind wrote:
blaubaer wrote:Hi Nick,

round robin?

Regards Michael :lol:
Yes, do we allow more than one entry per person? I am kind of interested in trying out Gavon, Mysticum and maybe even a PPC or Palm.

Regards
generally I would say yes, but let's see how many cc we will have at the end and how we proceed...

I would like to play with Gavon II on RPi2 and Mysticum on Dell Venue 8 Pro Tab - I would take Hiarcs 13.1 (possibly with ELO limit strength) with my Mysticum and the Gavon engine has still to be decided...

Regards, Michael
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

spacious_mind wrote:

round robin?

Regards Michael :lol:
Yes, do we allow more than one entry per person? I am kind of interested in trying out Gavon, Mysticum and maybe even a PPC or Palm.

Regards
generally I would say yes, but let's see how many cc we will have at the end and how we proceed...

I would like to play with Gavon II on RPi2 and Mysticum on Dell Venue 8 Pro Tab - I would take Hiarcs 13.1 (possibly with ELO limit strength) with my Mysticum and the Gavon engine has still to be decided...

Regards, Michael
Now that I have completed the Revelation tests, I will be pulling out Mysticum and do some tests soon. Don't know yet which program I will use.

We could also based on estimated strength play two groups?

Just a thought... regards
Nick
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Nick,
spacious_mind wrote: We could also based on estimated strength play two groups?
sure - that's possible too!

Regards, Michael
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Hi Nick,

Probably within 1 or 2 weeks I get a Gavon, via OSA link usable on my Galileo board :D.
So I might be able to join the tournament.
Of course I have to study and practice a lot I'm afraid, but there is time for it I guess.

Guess I'm ready for the next step regards,
Paul
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

paulwise3 wrote:Hi Nick,

Probably within 1 or 2 weeks I get a Gavon, via OSA link usable on my Galileo board :D.
So I might be able to join the tournament.
Of course I have to study and practice a lot I'm afraid, but there is time for it I guess.

Guess I'm ready for the next step regards,
Paul
Hi Paul,

Well done! :) Of course I am happy that you will join in the tournament. I will add you to the list. We still have plenty of time as we are planning to start it after Christmas and New Year. Maybe a January start since it will be a weekly tournament with 1 round per week (assuming a contestant only enters 1 computer).

PS. congratulations on a Galileo as well.

Best regards
Nick
kgvetter

Post by kgvetter »

Hi,

I don't know if I mentioned that my Mysticum is now electronically fully functional and runs deep UCI versions on 4 cores (or with multithreading 8).
With stockfish 6 64 I am getting a nodecount of over 8 million nodes per sec. now and running Nicks tests (not finished yet) the rating tends with the stronger engines to be 3200 on an average.

Not knowing how this performance would fit into the planned tounament I leave it to sharper (maybe more spacious) minds to decide if and how I should a handbrake to this...

Looking forward to this interesting tourny,

Gerhard
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

kgvetter wrote:Hi,

I don't know if I mentioned that my Mysticum is now electronically fully functional and runs deep UCI versions on 4 cores (or with multithreading 8).
With stockfish 6 64 I am getting a nodecount of over 8 million nodes per sec. now and running Nicks tests (not finished yet) the rating tends with the stronger engines to be 3200 on an average.

Not knowing how this performance would fit into the planned tounament I leave it to sharper (maybe more spacious) minds to decide if and how I should a handbrake to this...

Looking forward to this interesting tourny,

Gerhard
Ha! maybe I should change my name to something else. It was out of respect to Leonardo da Vinci that I picked the name spacious mind a long time ago and in conjunction with a Swedish Space Rock band named Spacious Mind. :P

Nothing to do with intelligence on my part LOL.

spaced out regards....
Nick
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

spacious_mind wrote:PS. congratulations on a Galileo as well.
Yes, I have to thank Hans for that. He sometimes throws me a helpline ;).
It is not in mint condition, but still a joy to play with!
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
steffen

Post by steffen »

I will play with my Mysticum. We will see which engine I´m going to use before the tournament starts.
steffen

Post by steffen »

Hi together,
any news about our tournament?
Best regards,
Steffen
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

At the moment I am waiting for a small update of my Gavon, so that it is also easily usable with Arena. After that I will do some tests with Nicks rating testgames with some of the engines.
But I wonder, if there are more (equal) Gavons and Mysticums, who may choose first with what engine he can play?

Regards, paul
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

steffen wrote:Hi together,
any news about our tournament?
Best regards,
Steffen
Hi Steffen,

Since we are not planning to start it until after the new year, there is no rush really.

Technically speaking though since if you are planning to play with your 500 MHz Mysticum, why don't you start by naming the program or programs if you might want to enter 2 programs, and we will plan opponents around your choice.

Giving you first choice regards!!

Nick
Nick
steffen

Post by steffen »

Hi Nick,

thank you, very polite as usual from you.
Which engine on my Mysticum?would you think is most competitve in that expected field?

Best,
Steffen
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

steffen wrote:Hi Nick,

thank you, very polite as usual from you.
Which engine on my Mysticum?would you think is most competitve in that expected field?

Best,
Steffen
Hi Steffen,

I would say the very best that you have :) I am sure everyone will want to pull out their big guns :)

Best regards
Nick
steffen

Post by steffen »

Hard decision. Come, please decide for me :)