Another Day without MG....

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Another Day without MG....

Post by Fernando »

I am beginning to accept the idea that the machine went to zululand, was stolen in my customs or lost there, fell from the plane, sunk with Titanic or is coming in a row of mules along Los Andes Mountain.
So I am ready to say bye bye to the 300 bucks the adventure cost me to date.

NEVER MORE REGARDS
Fern
Festina Lente
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

My friend,

Having (lots of) patience is a virtue...

Is what they always told me regards,
Paul

(does it help that we share your pain?)
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

paulwise3 wrote:My friend,

Having (lots of) patience is a virtue...

Is what they always told me regards,
Paul

(does it help that we share your pain?)
Of course I feel comforted by your solidarity, BUT my predominante feeling about that is simple and vulgar ENVY with some outburst of RAGE.
All of you paid less and received fast.
Problem with developing patience is that for that you need guess what...

catch 22 regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

OK, I found out the package is in chilean customs since 4 december.
That is good
It means I will get the computer in february 2018 paying 600 bucks in taxes.

More expensive MG in world history regards
Fern
Festina Lente
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Ow, the customs... I will put our Geert Wilders on it! :P
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

paulwise3 wrote:Ow, the customs... I will put our Geert Wilders on it! :P
Geert Wilders ???

Who is that guy?

Questioning regards
Fern
Festina Lente
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

You don't want to know... a dutch politician worse than Trump...
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

paulwise3 wrote:You don't want to know... a dutch politician worse than Trump...
trump is not that bad. It is simply that he does not fit in the common rhetoric of politicians and even less with that of the progressive press that dominates US.
He is rash, but score here and there.
I will say more: US and Europe are going along the path of the trump and le Pen of this world.
There are lot of reasons for that...

Heil trump regards
Fern
Festina Lente
larryadler

Post by larryadler »

Fernando wrote:
paulwise3 wrote:You don't want to know... a dutch politician worse than Trump...
I will say more: US and Europe are going along the path of the trump and le Pen of this world.

Heil trump regards
Fern
Europe itself begins to be interesting - In my home country nationalists came to power, so we have Orban-like outlook. Actually we see devastation of Constitutional Court, so if Your MCG was sent through Poland, count the unconstitutional delays.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

larryadler wrote:
Fernando wrote:

Heil trump regards
Fern
Europe itself begins to be interesting - In my home country nationalists came to power, so we have Orban-like outlook. Actually we see devastation of Constitutional Court, so if Your MCG was sent through Poland, count the unconstitutional delays.
The most interesting point about all this is not if an Urban guy or a le Pen lady comes to the power, BUT if they are necessary in this phase of world history.
Are they?
Is over the time of liberal politics?
Do we need rude people to handle societies when facing such huge challenges?

Fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote: Do we need rude people to handle societies when facing such huge challenges?
forget this talk of politics..
Don't tell me you have STILL not received the MCG??
:shock:

If not, then I think you should consider talking legal action at once
may I recommend the prestigious law firm of...

Dooey, Cheetum ,and Howe Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:
larryadler wrote:
Fernando wrote:

Heil trump regards
Fern
The most interesting point about all this is not if an Urban guy or a le Pen lady comes to the power, BUT if they are necessary in this phase of world history.
Are they?
Is over the time of liberal politics?
Do we need rude people to handle societies when facing such huge challenges?

Fern
Don't tell me you have STILL not received the MCG??
:shock:

If not, then I think you should consider talking legal action
may I recommend the prestigious law firm of...

Dooey, Cheetum ,and Howe Regards
Steve
hahahaha
no, not received yet, but at least I know is already in Chilean customs...
BUT...
the more I wait, the biggest the joy when at last ...I forget the all thing....

Christian acceptation regards
Fern
Festina Lente
IanO

Post by IanO »

Poor Fernando, my shipment of three MCG's arrived a few days ago. After leaving the box sit for a few days as a scratching toy for my cat, I finally opened one of them. It played a good game, easy to play it to a drawn endgame if that's what I'm after. It has a style familiar to any who have owned one of Lang's champion machines. (The squares do take a lot of pressure to activate, and it would have been more practical to have level instead of rounded side margins upon which to place the captured pieces.)

I was then glad to find that the Fun levels do indeed play with a good style but make many mistakes. Since I intend one of the units to be used by my elementary school team, this is perfect for them. And then they can feel the accomplishment of advancing from level to level while being shown generally good opening and positional moves. I can't wait to see how they like it tomorrow. (As well as seeing how the unit takes being thrown across the room in frustration a couple times...)

I've forgotten what I wanted the third one for; I'll probably give it to some random hobo I see playing chess in the park. :twisted: Seriously, I'll probably donate it to my local junior chess organization, to use as a prize for a junior championship.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

IanO wrote:Poor Fernando, my shipment of three MCG's arrived a few days ago. After leaving the box sit for a few days as a scratching toy for my cat, I finally opened one of them. It played a good game, easy to play it to a drawn endgame if that's what I'm after. It has a style familiar to any who have owned one of Lang's champion machines. (The squares do take a lot of pressure to activate, and it would have been more practical to have level instead of rounded side margins upon which to place the captured pieces.)

I was then glad to find that the Fun levels do indeed play with a good style but make many mistakes. Since I intend one of the units to be used by my elementary school team, this is perfect for them. And then they can feel the accomplishment of advancing from level to level while being shown generally good opening and positional moves. I can't wait to see how they like it tomorrow. (As well as seeing how the unit takes being thrown across the room in frustration a couple times...)

I've forgotten what I wanted the third one for; I'll probably give it to some random hobo I see playing chess in the park. :twisted: Seriously, I'll probably donate it to my local junior chess organization, to use as a prize for a junior championship.
Thank you for your info. Now I can forget MG, I already know how it plays
I will try also to forget the 300 bucks expended to date.

Ruined regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Watchman
Hiarcs Team Member

Post by Watchman »

Hey Fern,

I pulled the below quote from a person's post regarding another product coming from Croatia in this case (at a flight sim forum):

spent a full week in Customs at JFK. On Monday, the status reverted from "handled by customs - missing, incorrect, incomplete or illegible export documents" to the more basic "handled by customs."

Fwiw.

Hoping the paperwork is in order regards,
Rob