Revelation II Chess Computer

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
KingOfJungle

Revelation II Chess Computer

Post by KingOfJungle »

Hello all chess friends.
Recently I got new chess machine Revelation II. The board is beautiful and native engines are super strong. I also bought emulations.
And here is a problem, London emulation has nasty errors :(
Very often, during a game it resets itself. It happened already 3x out of 7 games. Always with London emul.
It switches off emulation mode and resets board to starting position. Game cant be recovered.
Contacted Ruud Martin, said it is kind of program bug which was not "visible" in original module but it is obvious in emulation. As he said it appears in London and Vancouver emulations. I did not test all yet. I would like to know whether this error occurs in other emulations?
I play usually at tournament level 40/120.
Can you please share your experiences friends?

Regards Miro - KinOfJungle, PawnOfJungle, KingOfEngines on Chessbase
dedicate computers

emulation - version 1.05

Post by dedicate computers »

Although emulation in Res II works with different speed, I did upgrade from the original version to the current version emulation, (Ruud has provided the files) I did several tests with 30 x 30-minute games, did not present problems as reported.
only for information
Regards
Oswaldo

KingOfJungle

revelation ii

Post by KingOfJungle »

Thank you, I will resend your respond to Ruud, hopefully this information will be helpfull.
Regards Miro.
KingOfJungle

Re: revelation ii

Post by KingOfJungle »

KingOfJungle wrote:Thank you, I will resend your respond to Ruud, hopefully this information will be helpfull.
Regards Miro.
I got update from Mr. Ruud and seems all problems are fixed, played several games vs London without crashing or resetting itself.
:D
dedicate computers

level 40/120

Post by dedicate computers »

I got update from Mr. Ruud and seems all problems are fixed, played several games vs London without crashing or resetting itself.
Very Happy

To play at this time required a lot of patience! Well, I'm glad your machine works without problems after upgrade!
Regards
Oswaldo