PEWATRONIC New Grandmaster

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Bryan Whitby

PEWATRONIC New Grandmaster

Post by Bryan Whitby »

The chequered surface is made of American Walnut and Maple inlays. The case is built from massive Walnut with a size of 450x450x35mm. The field size is 40mm and the height of the King is 70mm. The device comes without any mechanical operater control. Only the red Button in the right handle will start or reset the machine. A coloured touch screen is the interface to the operator, completed by the comfortable 64 LED field indication.

Beneath the hood the strong chess engine 'Stockfish' is at work, which is worth playing against any human grandmasters. Our well-established magnetic sensors register every action on the board unnoticeably. Capturing chessmen can now be done individually. Pleasant sounds will play in different situations. Software updates can be downloaded by WiFi.
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

Is it beautiful? Yes.
Is it a good sparring partner? No.

If it only runs Stockfish it will crush us all.
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

And here's one I made myself a couple of years ago.
Powered by a Raspberry PI computer running Stockfish 6 plus a Teensy 2+ USB Development Board incorporated into an old Fidelity housing.

The STOCKBERRY BLITZ MASTER

pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

Great work
King Performance Chess Computer M830
Dave C

Re: PEWATRONIC New Grandmaster

Post by Dave C »

Chessmaster Ireland wrote: The chequered surface is made of American Walnut and Maple inlays. The case is built from massive Walnut with a size of 450x450x35mm. The field size is 40mm and the height of the King is 70mm. The device comes without any mechanical operater control. Only the red Button in the right handle will start or reset the machine. A coloured touch screen is the interface to the operator, completed by the comfortable 64 LED field indication.

Beneath the hood the strong chess engine 'Stockfish' is at work, which is worth playing against any human grandmasters. Our well-established magnetic sensors register every action on the board unnoticeably. Capturing chessmen can now be done individually. Pleasant sounds will play in different situations. Software updates can be downloaded by WiFi.
This is a great looking new chess computer. Can other open source chess programs run on this machine along with Stockfish? Tell us more. Availability?
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi Dave

I didn't notice on my email newsletter from Pewatronics that the announcement of the new Grandmaster was supposed to be only for existing customers and newsletter subscribers until after Easter when a general release statement is being made on their web site. That was after 70 people had viewed my post so I thought it was a little too late to ask it to be removed.

Therefore the only other thing I will say until it's official announcement is that it has a decent graphical chess board incorporated into it's LCD and will cost EUR 1260.

Bryan
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Guys,

Well the info is already on the web on a other site what is in this new computer
Stockfish -Program, Wooden Board, 40mm Feldgröße, 64 Leds, 2,8" TFT Touchdisplay 320x240, ARM Cortex-A7 900 Mhz, 32GB SD-Card, Soundmodul, Wlan (für Updates), Price: 1280 Euro.

Mine opinion : It looks great ,nice design ,but......
I play always tournaments ore so between Chess Computers there is no joy for me to play with this Engine against lets say a R40 ore the Resurrection Ruffian (Revalation II is for me different because of the many EMU programs on it)
There is no joy because they have not a chance
But maybe more Engines will come for it ,ore EMU then it gets mine attention
I wonder because some are making new Chess computers why not reach out to some , like Dave Kittinger his top Novag is the Star Diamond 25MHz elo +-2200 , why not make a Chess computer on the newer CPU,s like Cortex and run with +-100Mhz ore so ,elo max to 2400
And so u have more ,Chess System Tal, MchessPro ,these are mine Favourites to see in a real chess computer :D

But that is only mine own opinion of course
Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Frankestein is in the House

Post by Fernando »

These machines made by artisans and electronics geeks are interesting monsters, but monsters after all.
Monster is something that goes beyond what is natural to something. A man with three legs is a monster, etc.
So these contrivances are monster because they are too strong and it is in the NATURE of dedicated units, one of the reasons of our love to them, that they are reachable, they can be defeated or AT LEAST exist the chance to do so.

These machines should be stabbed to death with a stick in the heart of by the peasantry armed with torches....

Almost winning Chess genius Millenium regards
Fern
Festina Lente
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi,
Chessmaster Ireland wrote:And here's one I made myself a couple of years ago.