Player Explorer - Common openings links are broken

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

kd7edg

Player Explorer - Common openings links are broken

Post by kd7edg »

I purchased HIARCS Chess Explorer for Apple Macintosh and downloaded the MasterGames pgn database.
In the Player Explorer video (about 2 min into it), the narrator explains one can click on the link for common openings and then the list of games is filtered by that opening. But when I click on it, it shows zero games.

Here are the steps to reproduce:
1. click on View Information About Players button.
2. when the player explorer window shows up, select players tab on the left margin
3. double click on [Database]
4. in the common openings section, in front of any opening name there will be a link with the number of games. When I click on any of these links, it shows zero games.

When I select white wins, draw or black wins, it shows the correct filtered list of games, but the link to display filtered games by opening is not working. This also happens if I select any player, i.e. the "n games" link is not working at all.

In the video it works, But not in my version of the software.

Is there a bug fix for this?
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

This is fixed in the elusive v1.9 update which is being prepared for release over the next fortnight.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Merxmymn

Player Explorer Common openings links are broken

Post by Merxmymn »

Just in case, Im referring to forum links. If Im on the main and click a news article, it should open in the same window.

you can ctrlclick, or middle click to open it on a new tab