Upcoming Hiarcs releases?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

tomgdrums

Upcoming Hiarcs releases?

Post by tomgdrums »

Just wondering about any upcoming Hiarcs releases? My chess budget has some rare overflow. :)

Is Junior still being released as a Hiarcs product? I know they often take some time in between releases. And it has been awhile.

I know that HCE 2 is in the works as is Hiarcs 15. And look forward to both of those!

Basically I am just curious!

Thanks!
mwhoyle

Post by mwhoyle »

Same here. Devoted HIARCS Chess Explorer Mac user. :-)

Would love to see multi-threaded game analysis in the next major release. (So you can do other things while a game is being analyzed.) Also, batch analysis of multiple games.
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

I'm also interested to know when series 2 will be out.

I seem to be straddling two operating systems at the moment, and a decent chess GUI for the Mac would be appreciated.
gabeeg

Post by gabeeg »

I too am anxious to see the new version of HCE and Hiarcs. I am hoping HCE 2 will get me closer to using HCE as my primary database. Right now I still mostly have to use Chess Assistant. HCE is such a pleasure to use though. I am hoping also that Hiarcs gets more chess "knowledge" and not just a boost in elo from search optimizations, etc...things Hiarcs used to be famous for (positional and human like play).
Kind Regards,
Harry Miktarian
mwhoyle

Post by mwhoyle »

Just installed the 1.8 update and looking forward to using it. :-)

Thanks, Mark!
herO

Post by herO »

Where did you get the update for 1.8 version? It is not available for download. If I click on "check for updates" it still shows that available version is only 1.7.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

herO wrote:Where did you get the update for 1.8 version? It is not available for download. If I click on "check for updates" it still shows that available version is only 1.7.
See http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6944
SFK3

Post by SFK3 »

mwhoyle wrote:Same here. Devoted HIARCS Chess Explorer Mac user. :-)

Would love to see multi-threaded game analysis in the next major release. (So you can do other things while a game is being analyzed.) Also, batch analysis of multiple games.
Multiple game analysis ("batch wise analysis") would be fantastic.
I am using HCE not only for myself, but also for analyzing my chess clubs team's games and for a youth team of our club. Its a bit inconvenient, if you have to start each game manually (monitoring of the computer status - save - load next game - …). Just to put "games in filter" or "whole database" analysis would make it much easier.
Thanks in advance for taking it into consideration!

Uwe
howard1001001

Post by howard1001001 »

I am currently a db subscriber(1 Yr), however I clearly need the browser to take full advantage of this. With 2.0 supposedly right around the corner I would be interested in buying the current 1 series(1.8,1.9, whatever), but only on condition that I would get a very hefty discount on the upcoming 2.0 browser release.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

howard1001001 wrote:I am currently a db subscriber(1 Yr), however I clearly need the browser to take full advantage of this. With 2.0 supposedly right around the corner I would be interested in buying the current 1 series(1.8,1.9, whatever), but only on condition that I would get a very hefty discount on the upcoming 2.0 browser release.
Best to email support with these kind of questions.