Fidelity thermal printer

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
kgvetter

Fidelity thermal printer

Post by kgvetter »

Hallo,

after a long search I finally came into the posession of a "woodie".
It is in perfect condition, the only thing I am missing is a manual. If one of the
(I think) few owners would be willing to provide me with a scan it would make me happy. As the item seems to be rare it would also be very interesting to know how many of these are out there. In Germany I only know of two, in the US there is naturally Steve B. but are there more owners of this printer?

Gerhard
kgvetter

Post by kgvetter »

I meant posession
kgvetter

Post by kgvetter »

still lacking a s:

possession

my command of the english is deteriorating in a considerable manner...
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

kgvetter wrote:still lacking a s:

possession

my command of the english is deteriorating in a considerable manner...
Your English is perfectly fine Gerhard
so much so ..that i will have a scan of the Thermal Printer manual for you in a couple of days

Send Me Your Email Address Regards
Steve
dedicate computers

termal printer

Post by dedicate computers »

Hallo,

It is in perfect condition, the only thing I am missing is a manual. If one of the
(I think) few owners would be willing to provide me with a scan it would make me happy. As the item seems to be rare it would also be very interesting to know how many of these are out there. In Germany I only know of two, in the US there is naturally Steve B. but are there more owners of this printer?
It would be interesting to think that once I can connect Elite Avant Garde, the Elite “Arena gui”, it would be feasible to think that I could find on the market a thermal printer to be compatible with the fidelity machines. What do you think?
Regards
Oswaldo
Sargon1972

Re: Fidelity thermal printer

Post by Sargon1972 »

kgvetter wrote:Hallo,

Gerhard
Hello Gerard,

I also found this one a few years back in the Netherlands
http://www.schachcomputer.info/forum/sh ... ty+printer

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
kgvetter

Post by kgvetter »

Hallo Hans,

thanks for your post, including yours we now have 4 known owners which does'nt make it exactly a mass-item...

As opposed to the Fidelity impact-printer I like this one much more for its looks and the virtual silent operation.

Greetings,

Gerhard
Mike Watters

Post by Mike Watters »

Hello Gerhard

Just got around to testing my Thermal Printers.
One is working fine. The other has a fault with the paper/line feed so that one will probably be coming to Germany in the hope of a repair.

As you say the "woodies" are very difficult to find, though there must be plenty hidden away in American attics and closets.

Thanks to Steve for providing the manual scan.

All the best
Mike