Fidelity chess computer - No current game save option

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Celadus

Fidelity chess computer - No current game save option

Post by Celadus »

I played against a Fidelity Designer Display 2000 and reached a position I found particularly difficult. This machine has no save current game option allowing to shut down the computer and study the position at a later date. Nor do most of the Fidelity chess computers.

Of course a position may be set up to reproduce the current game but this is rather inconvenient to do every time the computer is shut down and the game is not finished.

Almost every other chess manufacturer: Excalbur, for one, have this option.
I wonder why Fidelity did not include this option? Given the number of competitive companies that included a game save option it does not seem to be price prohibitive.

Never the less the Fidelity machines are fun to play against.
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

I have never been able to understand the lack of a Save option in the Fidelity boards. Much as I like them otherwise, it has meant that I am now playing them much less than boards that have the Save.

These days, I rarely play an entire game at one sitting. I like to take my time and sometimes play a game over a few days even. If I do play one of my Designer units, I have to just leave it on which I don't really like doing.

I wish I knew what the headset was that led to this oversight. It seems rather ridiculous. Even some of the cheapest travel boards have Save.
afos99

Post by afos99 »

Only the later models have a save game facility. Get a Little Chesster or RS 1900L - compact board, strong programme (>1800 elo Excellence software), you can turn off the voice if that is a problem.

This is NOT a toy.

Dave
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

afos99 wrote:Only the later models have a save game facility

Dave
Well..not exactly
several of the larger high-end wooden boards had the cmos battery allowing game saves
EAG's V2-V10
Elite Premiere
EAG 2100(games is retained for about 24 Hrs)

To Name A Few Regards
Steve