Computer Chess stuff for sale ........

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
JackStraw

Computer Chess stuff for sale ........

Post by JackStraw »

My wife has been selling some of my chess stuff and soon we will be placing a few computer related items on the market ..... A stack of Computer Chess Reports , and 10 yrs of old Selective Search magazines ...... A broken Mephisto Amsterdam modular computer with a Roma module ..... and a mint condition Fidelity EAG , model # 6114 , serial # 92230010 ....

No idea what is wrong with the Amsterdam ..... I always took good care of it as I was the one that bought it originally ..... :) $$$

Tom Glenn

She goes by SWDenise on ebay ......
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Computer Chess stuff for sale ........

Post by Fernando »

JackStraw wrote:My wife has been selling some of my chess stuff and soon we will be placing a few computer related items on the market ..... A stack of Computer Chess Reports , and 10 yrs of old Selective Search magazines ...... A broken Mephisto Amsterdam modular computer with a Roma module ..... and a mint condition Fidelity EAG , model # 6114 , serial # 92230010 ....

No idea what is wrong with the Amsterdam ..... I always took good care of it as I was the one that bought it originally ..... :) $$$

Tom Glenn

She goes by SWDenise on ebay ......
Why is your wife selling your stuff???

Wives are dangerous proposition for collectors regards
Fern
Festina Lente
JackStraw

Post by JackStraw »

It was my decision , she is happy to help :) ....... I collected a lot of stuff over the years , and now it is time to start unloading at least some of it ... We are both 66 , and have lived in this house for 30 yrs...... Who knows , we could become political refugees also in the near future , and need to move ... I've had decades of chess enjoyment , it's time to share ......

Sorry I don't know what is wrong with the Amsterdam machine ... it was always one of my favorites......

Tom
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

JackStraw wrote:It was my decision , she is happy to help :) ....... I collected a lot of stuff over the years , and now it is time to start unloading at least some of it ... We are both 66 , and have lived in this house for 30 yrs...... Who knows , we could become political refugees also in the near future , and need to move ... I've had decades of chess enjoyment , it's time to share ......

Sorry I don't know what is wrong with the Amsterdam machine ... it was always one of my favorites......

Tom
Political refugees? why?
Festina Lente
JackStraw

Post by JackStraw »

We live in Wichita/Kansas/USA ..... we've been leftists our adult lives , went to college in the late 60's ..... Kansas has been my home for almost entire life . but the last few yrs has taken a hard right turn ...... and now the country is torn down the middle ....... with less than 2 months to go the polls are 50/50 , and Trump stands a good chance to become President ..... sorry to inject politics , but everybody seems upset , both sides ..... each side is driven by hating the other side's candidate .....

That has been kind of what sparked my desire to sell stuff .... we have accumulated a lot of stuff after 30 yrs in this house ..... time to start.....

Peace ...... Tom

aka Jack Straw from Wichita ........
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

JackStraw wrote:We live in Wichita/Kansas/USA ..... we've been leftists our adult lives , went to college in the late 60's ..... Kansas has been my home for almost entire life . but the last few yrs has taken a hard right turn ...... and now the country is torn down the middle ....... with less than 2 months to go the polls are 50/50 , and Trump stands a good chance to become President ..... sorry to inject politics , but everybody seems upset , both sides ..... each side is driven by hating the other side's candidate .....

That has been kind of what sparked my desire to sell stuff .... we have accumulated a lot of stuff after 30 yrs in this house ..... time to start.....

Peace ...... Tom

aka Jack Straw from Wichita ........
I understand you feel bad with that turn, but let me tell you that as a citizen that has seen and lived two leftist experiences, one with allende, the other with Bachelet, I can tell you that there is NOTHING in the left recipe that works OK. They brings stagnation, high taxes, public expenses, clientelism, ideological suffocation, you name it.
Festina Lente
JackStraw

Post by JackStraw »

I'm not any radical or anything , but you have to choose one side or the other , there is no middle ground left ........ Our state eliminated taxes on business a few yrs ago , promising a shot of adrenaline to the economy ....... guess what really happened ..... the rich get richer , and anybody below gets left behind.... I am not complaining about our status , we do fine , but I vote in favor of middle class , and below ........ I don't brag about Democrats , but it is the only hope .... Republican's are still pushing the Art Laffer theory of economics .... they are bankrupting our state , and dream of taking that program national.......

How about a laugh on me ..... here is a exp video to work thru the process , but a look at my EAG ..........

Don't tell my wife I put it on ........... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFoKfSV ... e=youtu.be
JackStraw

should have mentioned

Post by JackStraw »

Living where I do , and at our level , I have not experienced much of what the rest of the world has , and I am thankful for that ...... But it pains me greatly to see what has happened to the world . Had great hope and expectations 50 yrs ago , but no more ..... That is why I love to do chess stuff. I can't even figure out the chess board , let alone the world ....
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

JackStraw wrote:I'm not any radical or anything , but you have to choose one side or the other , there is no middle ground left ........ Our state eliminated taxes on business a few yrs ago , promising a shot of adrenaline to the economy ....... guess what really happened ..... the rich get richer , and anybody below gets left behind.... I am not complaining about our status , we do fine , but I vote in favor of middle class , and below ........ I don't brag about Democrats , but it is the only hope .... Republican's are still pushing the Art Laffer theory of economics .... they are bankrupting our state , and dream of taking that program national.......

How about a laugh on me ..... here is a exp video to work thru the process , but a look at my EAG ..........

Don't tell my wife I put it on ........... :)

Tell your wife she has a very beautiful voice. I say with knowledge...i work, between other things, in a radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFoKfSV ... e=youtu.be
Festina Lente