Suggestion for laptop workstation and Intel processors

You can discuss all aspects of programming and technical matters here.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Piscean

Suggestion for laptop workstation and Intel processors

Post by Piscean »

Hi !, Now that 7th Gen laptops have come in the market ,there is lenevo ideapad 510 which has 7500 U processor i7 with 2.7 ghz clock speed but a dual core
Is it better to get a quad core or dual core with the above mentioned details? Which will have a better performance for chess analysis with engines . And there are some laptops with 6 cores in the market .Just would like to know 7th gen dual core is better or 6th gen quad core is better for computer analysis .Thanks in advance for the anwser .And also would like to know which is more effective and the difference between 7th generation i3,i5 and i7 processors .. Was only able to find 7th generation quard core processors in laptop in intel i3 ,so is 6th gen quard core intel i 7 powerful than 7th gen intel i3 quad core .And how much difference does core make for analysis with the engines in chessbase. The more cores the better and also the difference btwn 6th and 7th generation processors along with i3 i5 i7 processors ,for instance 6th gen i7 processor with 2.6 ghz is stringer or 7th gen i3 processor with 3.10 ghz stronger .pretty confused ..Would be grateful for the help Smile
aldin

Post by aldin »

I'm a Dell guy, they've got amazing customer support, easy to use laptops, and offer great deals.
aldin

Post by aldin »

robertgalp

Post by robertgalp »

If you want a plain and simple answer, then generally speaking, within the same generation Core i7s are better than Core i5s, which are in turn better than Core i3s. Nope, Core i7 does not have seven cores nor does Core i3 have three cores. The numbers are simply indicative of their relative processing powers.

Their relative levels of processing power are also signified by their Intel Processor Star Ratings, which are based on a collection of criteria involving their number of cores, clock speed (in GHz), size of cache, as well as some new Intel technologies like Turbo Boost and Hyper-Threading