Mephisto 68030 TM EPROMs

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Scally

Mephisto 68030 TM EPROMs

Post by Scally »

Hi all,

As you know I own a Mephisto Lyon 6830 TM with the London Upgrade. I've been reading older posts here and noticed that some of you also have the Portorose and Vancouver EPROMs for the TM.

I emailed the ChessGenius guys yesterday and asked how I could get hold of these, and Richard personally replied saying he only supplies the London Upgrade.

So how can I get hold of these EPROMs?

Thanks

Al.
b4xter

Post by b4xter »

Some of these old EPROM dumps are freely available HERE, though I do not see Vancouver for 68030 processor (perhaps it is the same as the 68020 version, who knows). Download the necessary ROM image and find someone who has an EPROM programmer and is able to burn the image into a proper EPROM chip, then enjoy your upgraded machine :)
mauben

Post by mauben »

Similar request from my side, even though on a way smaller scale.

Does anyone know where I can source the Mephisto Nigel Short eproms to upgrade the Milano board ?

I know I can buy a Nigel Short for as low as €100, but would prefer to save space.

Best to all,

Mauro