Sargon 3 and book

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

fhub wrote:Hi Nick!
spacious_mind wrote: Did you also change the screen on it? Or were there two versions of Sargon 3 sold? Just wondering because you version looks different to mine.
No, of course I've not changed such things like features or its appearance.
But changing between text and graphic mode in Sargon3 works only when you are in '40 COL Color' mode, so you first have to switch to this mode before <ESC> toggles between text and graphics.
To change the mode use the key <?> (this shows the settings menu), now press <L> to switch to '40 COL Color' mode, and after exiting with <ESC> you can switch between text and graphic screen as usual with the <ESC> key.

Regards,
Franz
Hi Franz,

Thanks for clarifying. Maybe I should looked for the manual. I have to say it didn't feel as buggy in this game, maybe it is a result of your better book?
Nick
Tibono2

Post by Tibono2 »

Thanks Franz for this smart version.

I could download it successfully without registering; for those getting issues try this link where I just re-uploaded it: http://tibono.free.fr/temp/Sargon3.zip
hope this helps
Tibono