HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index HIARCS Chess Forums
World Championship winning computer chess software program & downloads for chess database, analysis and play on PC, Mac and iPhone

QuestionsQuestions   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

New 'Wood' machine from MILLENNIUM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
Sargon1972

Full Name: Hans van Mierlo

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nick ,

Yes it was the 32Mhz version CM 3.1 Gideon Madrid playing style Normal and standard Book
I did get this "special "PC from C de Gorter
There are many books on it as well in the Chess Machine
So also some experimental Books ,as for Example G=Gideon GD4-D5 and so on ,as the Aegon Book,Montreux Book etc.
As ice cream on the top on this old PC it have the REAL WC program Fritz Hong Kong on it with the WC Book of C de Gorter as well ,so not the Commercial version that is sold
Also it is a 286/2x PC running normally on 20Mhz i believe
I know the story of C de Gorter he told me that Frans Morsch did take this PC and did bring ore tune it to 40Mhz ,as for testing with experimental Fritz Hong Kong version
But i have not play many games with Fritz Hong Kong ,as funny it is when u look at the Monitor u see a very ,little chessboard with chess man named as R-K-Q-p etc
Maybe after mine match vs the Reflection Vancouver i can do a match between this 2 "old" Giants from those days

Kr,Hans

Kr,Hans
spacious_mind

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sargon1972 wrote:
Hello Nick ,

Yes it was the 32Mhz version CM 3.1 Gideon Madrid playing style Normal and standard Book
I did get this "special "PC from C de Gorter
There are many books on it as well in the Chess Machine
So also some experimental Books ,as for Example G=Gideon GD4-D5 and so on ,as the Aegon Book,Montreux Book etc.
As ice cream on the top on this old PC it have the REAL WC program Fritz Hong Kong on it with the WC Book of C de Gorter as well ,so not the Commercial version that is sold
Also it is a 286/2x PC running normally on 20Mhz i believe
I know the story of C de Gorter he told me that Frans Morsch did take this PC and did bring ore tune it to 40Mhz ,as for testing with experimental Fritz Hong Kong version
But i have not play many games with Fritz Hong Kong ,as funny it is when u look at the Monitor u see a very ,little chessboard with chess man named as R-K-Q-p etc
Maybe after mine match vs the Reflection Vancouver i can do a match between this 2 "old" Giants from those days

Kr,Hans

That would be interesting to see. Remember to post the games when you get around to it Smile

Best regards
steffen

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit surprisingly the MCGE lost his last match in the Hiarcs-tournament vs. the Mephisto Atlanta. MCGE chose a bad opening, Atlanta played very strong.

With 6.5 out of 11 games the MCGE reached an inofficial tournament ELO of 2404 (assuming that the Reflection Vancouver has an ELO of 2400).
Steve B
Forum Elder

Full Name: Steve B

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems the MCGE has finally reached American Shores
should have mine by mid-next week

as we here in the states are always the very last to receive Millennium computers the MCGE has already been heavily tested,analyzed,dissected and entered into tournaments with an estimated elo of about 2400

So I Will probably set up a handicap match between it and the Novag Savant II at R odds ..hopefully the match will be interesting.. but at least it will be different

games will be posted in this thread:
http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8207&highlight=novag+savant

Always The Bridesmaid Never The Bride Regards
Steve
steffen

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A handicap match against the Novag Savant II? Nice idea Smile
So you┤re golfing, Steve?

B.t.w., the PGN tools are already for the MCGE available:
http://www.millennium2000.de/sites/default/files/support/m820chessgeniusexclusivemanualpgntoolforwindows.pdf

The English translation is going to come in a few days.

It┤s the bride who cuts the cake regards,
Steffen
Steve B
Forum Elder

Full Name: Steve B

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steffen wrote:
So you┤re golfing, Steve?

nah...never took up the game..Steffen
schachcomputers always took up a lot of my free time
Razz

A Slave To The Hobby Regards
Steve
Dave C

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: MCGE On the Way Reply with quote

I received an email today from the retailer I pre-ordered a MCGE from back in March. They placed my MCGE into the mail on Wed, 5/17. Maybe Friday delivery?...I hope. Cool

Anticipation....regards,
Dave
blaubaer

Full Name: Michael L.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

please tell us about your experience - I'm still in doubt...

Regards, Michael
Scally

Full Name: Alan Cooper

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave I'm interested too...

I know that anticipation feeling, I'm still waiting for my Square Off Chess Computer, delivery has been pushed back to July.

Cheers,

Al.
Dave C

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Exclusive Update Reply with quote

Delivery Update: UPS indicates delivery on Monday, 5/22.

I'll report back after getting a chance to try it out.

Al - I went to the Square Off website and found info about your computer on order. It appears there have been a number of delays....sort of like the MCGE. I look forward to hearing about your experiences when you receive your Grand Kingdom set.

Sweet anticipation...regards,
Dave
franco88

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
I just received my MCGE. I will try it out tonight.
Hard to send photos for me on Hiarcs.
Take care
Dave C

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

franco88 wrote:
Hi Dave,
I just received my MCGE. I will try it out tonight.
Hard to send photos for me on Hiarcs.
Take care
Hi Franco,
Lucky you! There are a number of us that are anxious to hear your thoughts on your new MCGE.

Congrats....regards,
Dave
steffen

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, and here is the link for the PGN-tool:

http://www.download.computerchess.com/Firmware/M820%20ChessGeniusExclusive_Manual_PGN_Tool_WIN_English.pdf

Steffen
franco88

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to play a quick few games with the MCGE. Everyone will have their own opinion and that is the nice thing about our hobby. They are selling the MCGE now on eBay for $749 already.
The piece recognition feature is convenient and outstanding. Seeing the board close up I feel it is well made. The pieces remind me largely of the Novag wooden pieces. However, these have the piece recognition technology inside. The games against other computers have been recently chronicled expertly by Steffen and others. The initial impression is that it is over 2400 ELO at classic and active times.
I played some quick games where the MCGE never used any time at all. Maybe one second for a 40 move game with permanent brain turned off. Today, I want to link to my PC. If I can figure this out, then this should be easily accessible to our technologically advanced members. I believe in comparison that the TASC computers were slightly more elegant, especially for their time. Nowadays, the much more expensive Revelation is still the gold standard in looks and play for me. The Pewatronic board is very nice but with a very small screen, as pointed out by Dave. This MCGE is overall a very fun game to play and will challenge all but the highest rated titled players. Especially for the price, I think one can enjoy this computer and coming engine upgrades for many years to come.
spacious_mind

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

franco88 wrote:
I was able to play a quick few games with the MCGE. Everyone will have their own opinion and that is the nice thing about our hobby. They are selling the MCGE now on eBay for $749 already.
The piece recognition feature is convenient and outstanding. Seeing the board close up I feel it is well made. The pieces remind me largely of the Novag wooden pieces. However, these have the piece recognition technology inside. The games against other computers have been recently chronicled expertly by Steffen and others. The initial impression is that it is over 2400 ELO at classic and active times.
I played some quick games where the MCGE never used any time at all. Maybe one second for a 40 move game with permanent brain turned off. Today, I want to link to my PC. If I can figure this out, then this should be easily accessible to our technologically advanced members. I believe in comparison that the TASC computers were slightly more elegant, especially for their time. Nowadays, the much more expensive Revelation is still the gold standard in looks and play for me. The Pewatronic board is very nice but with a very small screen, as pointed out by Dave. This MCGE is overall a very fun game to play and will challenge all but the highest rated titled players. Especially for the price, I think one can enjoy this computer and coming engine upgrades for many years to come.

Hi Franco,

Good post! Thanks for your first impressions!

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15

Jump to: