hiarcs explorer diagrams

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Esveinsson

hiarcs explorer diagrams

Post by Esveinsson »

Can you create those classic USCF style diagrams (common in chess books) with HIARCS Explorer? I've found PC programs for this but I'm looking for something that runs on a mac.
IanO

Re: hiarcs explorer diagrams

Post by IanO »

Esveinsson wrote:Can you create those classic USCF style diagrams (common in chess books) with HIARCS Explorer? I've found PC programs for this but I'm looking for something that runs on a mac.
Several ways:
1. You can go to Edit > Copy > Board Image. Then open the built-in Preview application, and select File > New from clipboard. Then use File > Export... to save it in the file format of your choice for use elsewhere.

2. At any point in a saved game, you can insert a comment which will display a diagram when the game is printed. Select Edit > Insert > Comment. In the dialog, click the "Add diagram" button and any other commentary, then click OK.

(And make sure you get HIARCS Explorer version 1.9.1. The previous version had a bug so that diagrams were printed too small.)