HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index HIARCS Chess Forums
World Championship winning computer chess software program & downloads for chess database, analysis and play on PC, Mac and iPhone

QuestionsQuestions   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Game from a Given Position

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> HIARCS Customer Support & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
fak119

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Problem with Game from a Given Position Reply with quote

How to do it...?

I have problems starting a game from a given position!
Even if I have set the Chess clock to a lengthy time, HIARCS "does not think" and gives an immediate response, thereby not calculating an alternative.
By clicking the green "Take back your last move" arrow it then might give a different solution, but again within under a second and not with the best result...

Using "Switch sides" does also not help.

How can I enclose a screenshot to emphasize this problem?

It should also be possible to go through a game step by step (starting from scratch) and then let HIARCS continue at a given position, with any speed as desired.

P.S. I just updated to the latest version (1.9.1 Deep)[/list][/fen]
herO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with Game from a Given Position Reply with quote

fak119 wrote:
How to do it...?

I have problems starting a game from a given position!
Even if I have set the Chess clock to a lengthy time, HIARCS "does not think" and gives an immediate response, thereby not calculating an alternative.
By clicking the green "Take back your last move" arrow it then might give a different solution, but again within under a second and not with the best result...

Using "Switch sides" does also not help.

How can I enclose a screenshot to emphasize this problem?

It should also be possible to go through a game step by step (starting from scratch) and then let HIARCS continue at a given position, with any speed as desired.

P.S. I just updated to the latest version (1.9.1 Deep)[/list][/fen]

It seems Hiarcs engine plays from an opening book. This is the reason, why Hiarcs engine replies immediately. Could you please post a FEN of your position?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> HIARCS Customer Support & Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: