Mysticum

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Nick,
spacious_mind wrote: What's interesting is if everyone were to get the same tablet making them identical. Means you could have some good matches and tournaments between owners.
the current timing is good, because I've some identical TrekStor 7" tablets at home now... 8)

The issue with the 7 inch tablets is the following: They normaly have only one socket for USB data and power supply, but Mysticum needs both at the same time. I have a solution for that, but it doesn't work with each and every tablet. 10 inch tablets have two sockets, but are more expensive....

Tournament fever regards, Michael
scandien

Post by scandien »

blaubaer wrote:Hi Nicolas,
scandien wrote:the complete version seems interesting.

How long it takes to assembl after a order ?
not easy to answer, because it depends on the date of your order and how many orders I've in process at that time. (It should be fun for me to assemble a Mysticum, but not real work.... :P)

Let's put it like this: If you would order now, you would get your complete Mysticum before Christmas!

Christmas surprise regards, Michael

Hello,
time is not too long , i was expecting more :).

But i have check on your site and i wasn't able to see how to order ? May be i have miss a link ?

best regards

Nicolas
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Nicolas,
scandien wrote: time is not too long , i was expecting more :).

But i have check on your site and i wasn't able to see how to order ? May be i have miss a link ?
I missed to write it down... :P

You can order at webmaster(at)miclangschach(dot)de!

Regards, Michael
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi,

good Mysticum news:

We plan to design a printed circuit board for the chess board, to avoid the nasty hand wiring of the reed and LED matrix. It will be a glas fibre reinforced plastic board with adhesive copper tape attached to it and drilled holes for the components.

This will again simplify the built-up of the world best chess computer! :wink:

Next year we plan the 7th Mysticum Workshop in Berlin!

First come - first serve! 8)

Regards, Michael
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi Michael

Very interesting, when will there be a detailed photo of the new circuit board?

Regards
Bryan
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Bryan,

I fixed the concept and ordered the material - I think in January ('18 :D) I can present a prototype....

Regards, Michael
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi Michael

2018 is looking promising with new dedicated chess computers coming from DGT and Lexibook together with your circuit board plus The King module for the Millennium Exclusive.

Regards
Bryan
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Bryan
Chessmaster Ireland wrote: 2018 is looking promising with new dedicated chess computers coming from DGT and Lexibook together with your circuit board plus The King module for the Millennium Exclusive.
yes, indeed..... :lol:
Pleasant anticipation Regards, Michael
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi,

more than one year passed since my last Mysticum advertisement.... :P

Guido made progress in developing Mysticum V3 - as you might know, version 3 still needs an electronic chess board and a touchscreen windows tablet (with V3 installed), but no hardware based display and buttons any more.

But now you can test the software at your pc without a chessboard connected.

It's not possible to play a game, but at least you can test the menu system.

Download Mysticum V3 here and unzip the file. To start, doubleclick on Mysticum 3.exe, wait some seconds and minimize the Mess screen. For a menu in English click OK>down until 'Einstellungen'>OK>down until 'System'>OK>down until 'Sprache'>OK>down until 'Englisch'>OK and voila, you can test the menu in English.

For further info click here!

These emulations are possible right now.

Have fun Regards, Michael
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Bryan,
Chessmaster Ireland wrote:Very interesting, when will there be a detailed photo of the new circuit board?
a bit late :P , but here it is:

It's a handmade pcb with adhesive copper tape, made by Michael Powell.

Regards, Michael
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

blaubaer wrote:Hi,

more than one year passed since my last Mysticum advertisement.... :P

Guido made progress in developing Mysticum V3 - as you might know, version 3 still needs an electronic chess board and a touchscreen windows tablet (with V3 installed), but no hardware based display and buttons any more.

But now you can test the software at your pc without a chessboard connected.

It's not possible to play a game, but at least you can test the menu system.

Download Mysticum V3 here and unzip the file. To start, doubleclick on Mysticum 3.exe, wait some seconds and minimize the Mess screen. For a menu in English click OK>down until 'Einstellungen'>OK>down until 'System'>OK>down until 'Sprache'>OK>down until 'Englisch'>OK and voila, you can test the menu in English.

For further info click here!

These emulations are possible right now.

Have fun Regards, Michael
Hi Michael,

Wow that's a lot of interesting and good stuff you are doing. Can't wait to see your finished result.

Best regards
Nick
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi Michael

Hope you are keeping well?

Unfortunately my Windows Defender found the Trojan virus, WIN32/Fuery.c!cl within your Mysticum 3.exe file

Regards
Bryan
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Bryan,
Chessmaster Ireland wrote: Hope you are keeping well?

Unfortunately my Windows Defender found the Trojan virus, WIN32/Fuery.c!cl within your Mysticum 3.exe file
oops, my Windows Defender (up to date) didn't find anything.

Edit:
@all: Do you have the same problem?

Regards, Michael
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

blaubaer wrote:Hi Bryan,
Chessmaster Ireland wrote: Hope you are keeping well?

Edit:
@all: Do you have the same problem?

Regards, Michael
Hi Michael. Et. Al.

Hey that's a question to all of you. I kicked out all anti virus software as in the end I realized that with their nags and stuff they were ruining my computer more than they were benefitting. It's a commercial anti virus software that I stull suspect crashed my computer in the end when I stopped wanting to pay the subscription. Nowadays with Windows 10 I just use Windows Defender and find I have not had a problem since and I so please to no longer to have nasty nags from the virus software companies stuck computer continuously threatening you with their nags.

What is your experience with this?

Regards
Nick
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi,
spacious_mind wrote:
blaubaer wrote:
Chessmaster Ireland wrote:Unfortunately my Windows Defender found the Trojan virus, WIN32/Fuery.c!cl within your Mysticum 3.exe file
Hey that's a question to all of you. I kicked out all anti virus software as in the end I realized that with their nags and stuff they were ruining my computer more than they were benefitting. It's a commercial anti virus software that I stull suspect crashed my computer in the end when I stopped wanting to pay the subscription. Nowadays with Windows 10 I just use Windows Defender and find I have not had a problem since and I so please to no longer to have nasty nags from the virus software companies stuck computer continuously threatening you with their nags.
Michael Powell rechecked the Mysticum files with Malwarebytes, found a virus and deleted it; after recheck with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender there was no new virus message.

@Bryan: Please check again!

@Nick: I had similar problems when I updated to Windows 10 some time ago and installed Avira Antivirus Pro -> blue screen! :? No reaction from Avira and I got no support. I only use Windows Defender from that time on.

Regards, Michael