Absolute, definitive Announcement.

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

As soon as I open the program a dialog say it lacks a lot of rom and then ask me to check in the system rom path and click rescan rom.
that the first problem.
after that when I go to config as you told me, no program appear but a lines saying C. user public document amiga etc
and there I am leftif any way I push star, then another bloody dialog appear saying could not load system ROM, trying system rom replacement.
If I follow suite, appear a black frame wich after centries open and present etc etc
and nothing works.
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote:As soon as I open the program a dialog say it lacks a lot of rom and then ask me to check in the system rom path and click rescan rom.
that the first problem.
after that when I go to config as you told me, no program appear but a lines saying C. user public document amiga etc
and there I am leftif any way I push star, then another bloody dialog appear saying could not load system ROM, trying system rom replacement.
If I follow suite, appear a black frame wich after centries open and present etc etc
and nothing works.
Exactly! now go to paths and look at what it says. Paths is on the left menu the second one down.

When you are in paths the first one should say for example:

System ROMs: C:\WinUAE3500\

All the rest should also say C:\WinUAE3500\

If it says some other place then you still have another winuae on your computer probably. It is best then to close winuae. Go to that other place and delete the folders.

Then when you open winuae go to paths again and check again to see if C:\WinUAE3500\ is there.

As I said you might have to do this a few times if you have several versions of winuae on your computer.

OK so you have to go to your User\publicplace folder and delete winuae folder from there.

Best regards
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:As soon as I open the program a dialog say it lacks a lot of rom and then ask me to check in the system rom path and click rescan rom.
that the first problem.
and nothing works.
Exactly! now go to paths and look at what it says. Paths is on the left menu the second one down.

When you are in paths the first one should say for example:

System ROMs: C:\WinUAE3500\

All the rest should also say C:\WinUAE3500\

If it says some other place then you still have another winuae on your computer probably. It is best then to close winuae. Go to that other place and delete the folders.

Then when you open winuae go to paths again and check again to see if C:\WinUAE3500\ is there.

As I said you might have to do this a few times if you have several versions of winuae on your computer.

OK so you have to go to your User\publicplace folder and delete winuae folder from there.

Best regards
I think I could write a novel with all this, by one side a guy savvy in this stuff giving instrctions and at the other side a veteran of the rusian japanese war trying to make sense of all of it...
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote:
I think I could write a novel with all this, by one side a guy savvy in this stuff giving instrctions and at the other side a veteran of the rusian japanese war trying to make sense of all of it...
LOL!! Don't give up!! I can feel that you are very close.. We just have to make sure that the paths work correctly when you start winuae3500.

So it is best to make sure all other winuae's are deleted so that some history memory does not keep pulling up an old path when you start.
Nick
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:
LOL!! Don't give up!! I can feel that you are very close.. We just have to make sure that the paths work correctly when you start winuae3500.

So it is best to make sure all other winuae's are deleted so that some history memory does not keep pulling up an old path when you start.

ps.... as soon as you see in "PATHS" the paths C:\WinUAE3500\ you can go to "Configurations" double click on a configuration chess program and you can play!!

nothing else left to do.
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

spacious_mind wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:

ps.... as soon as you see in "PATHS" the paths C:\WinUAE3500\ you can go to "Configurations" double click on a configuration chess program and you can play!!

nothing else left to do.
No, No, nick, I already lost toooo much time with this, Forget this business. I got irritated and I have to finish a book in not much time, so do not send me anything else, Amiga can go to hell and that is it...
Festina Lente
IvenGO

Post by IvenGO »

If You like Sargon-3 so much You will probably like Sargon-5 even more, and it simply runs under DosBox / DFend
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

IvenGO wrote:If You like Sargon-3 so much You will probably like Sargon-5 even more, and it simply runs under DosBox / DFend
I already have sargon 5 running in D-Fend.
It was not so much to run sargon 3 as such than to see how it runs in amiga compared with D-fend
Festina Lente