New member,bit of background.

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Dave C

Inventories...

Post by Dave C »

donkeylane wrote:Yep,the Tasc R30, in my humble opinion, the ultimate trip down memory lane.Steve C.
I agree with you Steve about the TASC R30. Truely a high point of the golden era and still one of the strongest ever.

Hey Al - I re-reviewed your list of computers and saw that you have added a TASC with SB20 to your collection. Isn't that a recent addition? Congrats! Where did you get it, when, etc. I think the TASC is great to play against...I especially enjoy viewing all the info provided on it large display screen.

Updated..regards,
Dave
Larry

Re: New member,bit of background.

Post by Larry »

Steve B wrote:
Larry wrote:
hmmm.... just wondering...how did you know Wixxy's real name is Paul?
Not Really a big mystery Larry given he signed his first post

Paul Regards
Steve
You are thinking like an accountant...
L
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: New member,bit of background.

Post by Fernando »

Wixxy wrote:Hi
Have been reading this forum daily for many years.An avid collector of dedicated chess computers since late 70's when i purchased a Chess Challenger 7. One of my favs for nostalgic reasons! I now have a collection of 76 with 4 extra duplicates.All but a handful are boxed.My favorites are CC7, Fidelity Grandmaster as a nice size and auto sensory.My Novag Scorpio too because i purchased this when Mr Short took on Kasparov.Have the Novag distributor.Still a difficult computer.Have all the latest Chess Genius'.Nice to see a revival.I play engines too with pc and DGT board and Pi computer/clock.
Cheers
Paul
As you have been reading posts here for a while you already know in what viper nest you are into now, a real cave full of old farts, thieves, rogues, rapers and as an aside chess collectors. BTW, you must send me the check to make official your inscription, just 500 bucks in one installment. Soon I will send you my bank account for that.
Have a nice day

fern
Festina Lente
Scally

Re: Inventories...

Post by Scally »

Dave C wrote:Hey Al - I re-reviewed your list of computers and saw that you have added a TASC with SB20 to your collection. Isn't that a recent addition? Congrats! Where did you get it, when, etc. I think the TASC is great to play against...I especially enjoy viewing all the info provided on it large display screen.

Updated..regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Yes good spot, I bought it last Month, It was sold on this Forum ...

Cheers,

Al.