playchess.com accounts on sale

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
jarek

playchess.com accounts on sale

Post by jarek »

Hi Chess Friends,

I have a few playchess.com accounts which I'm selling now on eBay at a discount price (you can get higher discount than listing price if you use "make offer" button).
Do you know on which forums etc. I could advertise them to attract more interest?
I hope to earn some extra money to buy a better Mephisto module :)

thanks for tips!
Jarek
Mark Mason

Post by Mark Mason »

Hi Jarek,

Just to make you aware you are up against another cheap source of playchess.com serials. If you buy an old copy of Fritz software (Fritz 8,9,10 etc) from ebay, Amazon or Play.com - they often come with a serial and are only about £8 - £10 rather than the £23.50 you ar asking. So even if you never use the software just use the serial and file the DVD and make huge saving

Of course you have to be careful to check the small print as sometimes the Fritz DVD are re-sold by a 3rd party wholesaler (eg. Excalibur) and when the DVD arrives it actually has no serial with it. But if you are careful it is lucrative. I renewed my serial for 2 years running for about £7 by buying old copies of Fritz 10.

:)
jarek

Post by jarek »

Hi Mark,

You may buy not one but two old Fritz from eBay and still end up having no valid serial (e.g. bad quality photo, seller forgot that he activated serial)
or 1-month / 3-months access instead of 1 year
or pay the same amount (if you use the "make offer" button) and have the serial almost instantly.

So you may be right but certainly you haven't answered my question :)

I'm really interested about chess forums which do not prohibit sales offers where I could put an advertisement.

thanks!
Jarek
Peter Grayson

Post by Peter Grayson »

jarek wrote:Hi Mark,

You may buy not one but two old Fritz from eBay and still end up having no valid serial (e.g. bad quality photo, seller forgot that he activated serial)
or pay the same amount (if you use the "make offer" button) and have the serial almost instantly.

thanks!
Jarek
... and there is no guarantee that Chessbase will accept older serial numbers. I experienced that after purchasing a new old stock Deep Fritz 8 from a US seller. The playchess server would not acknowledge the serial number as valid.

PeterG
Mark Mason

Post by Mark Mason »

Peter Grayson wrote:
jarek wrote:Hi Mark,

thanks!
Jarek
... and there is no guarantee that Chessbase will accept older serial numbers. I experienced that after purchasing a new old stock Deep Fritz 8 from a US seller. The playchess server would not acknowledge the serial number as valid.

PeterG
Hi Peter,

Long time no speak hope all is well with you. Thats a very interesting point - I hadn't realised there was any danger of the serials time expiring, I thought they remained valid until first use. Mine were actually copies of Fritz 10 purchased from Play.com and had full valid 12 months serials that worked no problem. By the way before making use of this route I did check with Playchess.com sysops that they had no objection or that it was not viewed as anything untoward and they were OK about it, but were at pains to point out the benefits of the premium serial !
jarek

Post by jarek »

In case anyone is interested, I still have a few more accounts (also premium!) available here

kind regards,
Jarek
jarek

Post by jarek »

Hello Chess Friends,
I am running out of serial numbers!
Please check out this link http://tiny.cc/hrcs or better send me a PM to get an even better deal.
cheers,
Jarek

P.S. All proceeds from this sale will be spent on chess computers and chess books :wink:
And yes, I have already bought a licence of Hiarcs :-)
rybkachess

Re: playchess.com accounts on sale

Post by rybkachess »

jarek wrote:Hi Chess Friends,

I have a few playchess.com accounts which I'm selling now on eBay at a discount price (you can get higher discount than listing price if you use "make offer" button).
Do you know on which forums etc. I could advertise them to attract more interest?
I hope to earn some extra money to buy a better Mephisto module :)

thanks for tips!
Jarek
Hi Jarek!

Thank you! :) :)
Chess is life
jarek

Re: playchess.com accounts on sale

Post by jarek »

rybkachess wrote:
Hi Jarek!

Thank you! :) :)
Hi rybkachess / Barnabás

good to see you here!
and thank you for your purchases.

I see you have a very nice Mephisto module.
(The best one I have in my collection is Senator.)

cheers
Jarek