ALPHA Go - Alpha zero

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
chesspcmac

ALPHA Go - Alpha zero

Post by chesspcmac »

Good documentary about Alpha GO (Alpha Zero's older brother) on NETFLIX. Even though is not about chess it is entertaining to learn about Neural networks, watch how a human player is affected when playing a silicone monster.
They gave the impression that Alpha Go could fit in a Laptop (not any laptop I bet) but Im not so sure. As Alpha Zero, Alpha Go was also making spectacular moves.

Loyal to chess regards

Mike
"Sir, the slowness of genius is hard to bear, but the slowness of mediocrity is insufferable"

Henry Thomas Buckle
BenRedic

Re: ALPHA Go - Alpha zero

Post by BenRedic »

chesspcmac wrote:Good documentary about Alpha GO (Alpha Zero's older brother) on NETFLIX. Even though is not about chess it is entertaining to learn about Neural networks, watch how a human player is affected when playing a silicone monster.
Second that. I watched it, recommended.
chesspcmac wrote:They gave the impression that Alpha Go could fit in a Laptop (not any laptop I bet) but Im not so sure.
The laptop was probably just a terminal to relay the moves, the actual TPU cluster used for AlphaGo and AlphaZero is not something you bring along as carry-on.

There are some pictures here: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker ... e-learning
Thank you for an interesting game.