King Performance delivery

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
fdimeglio

Post by fdimeglio »

Hello all,

Stay tuned ... I am going to receive mine today if everything is ok (was supposed to be on Sunday but FedEx screw it up big time)

I will publish some photos and my feedback.

Waiting for FedEx Regards,

Fabrice
Looking for a nice Fidelity EAG or A/S and a Odin Encore. Please send me a private message.
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

fdimeglio wrote:I will publish some photos and my feedback.
Looking forward to your review Fabrice!
fdimeglio

Post by fdimeglio »

Should be in a couple of hours now ;-)

Keep my fingers crossed Regards,

Fabrice
fourthirty wrote:
fdimeglio wrote:I will publish some photos and my feedback.
Looking forward to your review Fabrice!
Looking for a nice Fidelity EAG or A/S and a Odin Encore. Please send me a private message.
JeffB

Post by JeffB »

Also looking forward to your review. It's definitely a nice looking machine. (Though I think they could have used a nicer display and made it auto-sensing, old-school style with magnets and hall effect or reed switches, without affecting the BOM cost by much.)
Cheers,

Jeff B.
TracySMiller

Post by TracySMiller »

Mine is slated for arrival tomorrow (Wednesday).
fdimeglio

Post by fdimeglio »

Just got it ;-)

Here is my preview and some photos : http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=96140#96140

Enjoy,

Fabrice
TracySMiller

Post by TracySMiller »

Mine arrived today. Very nice machine! About an inch wider and longer than my Novag Citrine, but about 1/2" narrower. The LEDs are bright and the tones are pretty loud. The sensory touch is not too bad. Certainly doesn't require the Herculean strength of the Radio Shack 2250XL. Maybe on par with the touch required for the Radio Shack Master 2200X. I can tell it's very strong. I lost on the default setting, where it only searches around 2,000 moves/sec. I tried the lowest FUN setting, where it makes intentional mistakes, and won easily. The pieces are pretty standard, just slightly larger than the Novag Citrine pieces. Looking forward to getting one of those thingies to attach to it so I can try out online play and engine play. May match it up with my Citrine at some point.
pennine22

Post by pennine22 »

Have folk on the forum received theirs from a Topschach.de order?

Placed my order mid-November so hoped was in the first allocation but still shows as being processed on the site. Queried last week by email as to stocking / order status but no reply to date.

Thanks.

David.
sangahm

Post by sangahm »

Just received mine today. I'm impressed so far. Weird though that they would include the DIN connector (for chesslink) but not the printer type USB for the laptop. I would have expected the opposite.
Larry

Post by Larry »

JeffB wrote:Also looking forward to your review. It's definitely a nice looking machine. (Though I think they could have used a nicer display and made it auto-sensing, old-school style with magnets and hall effect or reed switches, without affecting the BOM cost by much.)
Wait maybe 18 months and the auto sensory version will be released.
They will jack up the clock speed and of course the price.
Larry
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Larry wrote:
JeffB wrote:Also looking forward to your review. It's definitely a nice looking machine. (Though I think they could have used a nicer display and made it auto-sensing, old-school style with magnets and hall effect or reed switches, without affecting the BOM cost by much.)
Wait maybe 18 months and the auto sensory version will be released.
They will jack up the clock speed and of course the price.
Larry
If they do Larry, I sincerely hope that they utilize the same technology as the MCGE pieces so that they would be interchangeable. And they need to add an internal, rechargeable battery similar to the Centaur. Would also be nice if they incorporated the Chess Link functions internally. Now that would be a killer portable machine!!!
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Due to the large number of complaints we have received we have decided to no longer permit Manufacturers or Distributors (including beta testers) of commercial chess products to make comments on a competitors product that may prove to be controversial
any future comments of this nature will be immediately deleted

members of this forum who are not connected in any way with the sale of commercial chess products are welcome to continue expressing their opinions..pro or con on any product that they have purchased for their own private use