Hiarcs 12

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

Dylan,

I feel very badly now, and I'm sorry. I was only saying this in the spirit of what I considered to be "normal" trash-talking, in the same vane as was given when when I took over 46 hours on a move and was "threatened" with a bill for search and rescue efforts. :-) I am sorry that I have apparently gone beyond that level with this in your eyes. I guess I haven't seriously enough taken the "technical" result of the game and what it means to some people. It means pretty much nothing to me--I am analyzing with exactly the same seriousness now as I was before move 22 (in fact, more seriously, since during that time, I was gearing up for a thesis defense--that is over now). To me, the important result of this game is still to come. Again, I feel bad for how I've apparently made you feel, and I say sorry to you and any others in the game who may feel similarly.

Sincerest regards,
Turbo
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

turbojuice1122 wrote:I was only saying this in the spirit of what I considered to be "normal" trash-talking
Since the team couldn't do anything about losing on time (it was my responsibility) I considered it personal.

Still you're on your right to do it ;) but I appreciate that this wound poking is going to stop :)

And yes, the result of the game is still to come, you'll lose! :D

More Trash Talking Regards
Dylan

PS: I'll get over it, eventually.
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

Dylan Sharp wrote:
Since the team couldn't do anything about losing on time (it was my responsibility) I considered it personal.
Well, like I said, I think you're taking the "losing on time" thing a bit more seriously than I had intended for it to be taken, and certainly more seriously than I'm taking it, especially with the knowledge that this is mainly a friendly game (though I do hope that it will be of some historical significance, particularly the fact that we're playing a game in the Katalymov Sicilian on an elo level of 3200+). However, if it makes you feel any better, I will officially renounce the "current" "official" "technical" result, and make it clear that the only one that counts is the one in the resulting final position of the game (which should hopefully be apparent soon after the mate announcement that is forthcoming from my side :-) ). Nonetheless, I do think that a "rough" 48-hour limit is still a good idea, and if there are such things as internet problems or something (or whatever) in the future that make it so that the time is overstepped and you all have already decided on a move, I authorize Steve or someone to relay the message about the chosen move so that I may give my instant reply as soon as possible. :-)
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Ah, that's really good, and will allow me to rest better at night, knowing that my error wasn't severe and that the official result will depend on the chosen moves that lead to the end of the game. :)

Thank you very much for considering it.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

turbojuice1122 wrote:
Dylan Sharp wrote:
Well, like I said, I think you're taking the "losing on time" thing a bit more seriously than I had intended for it to be taken, and certainly more seriously than I'm taking it, especially with the knowledge that this is mainly a friendly game (though I do hope that it will be of some historical significance, particularly the fact that we're playing a game in the Katalymov Sicilian on an elo level of 3200+). However, if it makes you feel any better, I will officially renounce the "current" "official" "technical" result, and make it clear that the only one that counts is the one in the resulting final position of the game (which should hopefully be apparent soon after the mate announcement that is forthcoming from my side :-) ). Nonetheless, I do think that a "rough" 48-hour limit is still a good idea, and if there are such things as internet problems or something (or whatever) in the future that make it so that the time is overstepped and you all have already decided on a move, I authorize Steve or someone to relay the message about the chosen move so that I may give my instant reply as soon as possible. :-)
April Fool's is over :wink: