When comes Hiarcs 12 CB?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Thomas Wallendik

When comes Hiarcs 12 CB?

Post by Thomas Wallendik »

Hello,

on the homepage from ChessBase stands 28.march.2008, on the homepage from Schach.Niggemann stands 03.April 2008?

Have one of us Hiarcs 12 from CB?

But it seems, at the moment Hiarcs 12 for Chessbase is only a Phantom, not reality.

I think, when Hiarsc 12 for ChessBase comes out to late, more people only purchased the UCI-Version of Hiarcs. Not a good time-management from Chessbase. But i wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and nothing does it. :( :( :( :(

O.k. today we have the 01. April 2008, i go to MCDonalds and drinking a Coke or a bear to have no frustration about the "Phantom-Hiarcs 12 for CB"

Best

Thomas
TW
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: When comes Hiarcs 12 CB?

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Thomas Wallendik wrote:Hello,

on the homepage from ChessBase stands 28.march.2008, on the homepage from Schach.Niggemann stands 03.April 2008?

Have one of us Hiarcs 12 from CB?

But it seems, at the moment Hiarcs 12 for Chessbase is only a Phantom, not reality.

I think, when Hiarsc 12 for ChessBase comes out to late, more people only purchased the UCI-Version of Hiarcs. Not a good time-management from Chessbase. But i wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and nothing does it. :( :( :( :(

O.k. today we have the 01. April 2008, i go to MCDonalds and drinking a Coke or a bear to have no frustration about the "Phantom-Hiarcs 12 for CB"

Best

Thomas
I do not know what the delay is - Enjoy your Coke/Beer.
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

Chessbase delayed the release of HIARCS 12 until today April 2nd in Germany. The US company I ordered from wont be shipping H12 until Friday April 4th. Chessbase dropped the ball and is already creating doubts as to the quality of the GUI I have just bought, maybe its a good thing that Rybka is making their own GUI, if you want something done right then leave it to the Americans(and sometimes the Brits but never the Germans)! :twisted:
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

PortCitySlim wrote:Chessbase delayed the release of HIARCS 12 until today April 2nd in Germany. The US company I ordered from wont be shipping H12 until Friday April 4th. Chessbase dropped the ball and is already creating doubts as to the quality of the GUI I have just bought, maybe its a good thing that Rybka is making their own GUI, if you want something done right then leave it to the Americans(and sometimes the Brits but never the Germans)! :twisted:
Let's wait and see if a rybka GUI is released on time and bug free.
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

The Americans showed up on time June 6th, 1944. But honestly I will trust Chessbase before the Rybka people when it comes to the GUI, Chessbase people have been doing this a lot longer and have a ton more experience. Then again the Brits were fighting the Germans a lot longer and had more experience but it took the until the Americans showed up to get the job done right! 8)
fallstalk

customer satisfaction

Post by fallstalk »

perhaps we CB/ChessCentral patrons will recieve a complimentary copy of H13 when it debuts... perhaps the delay is due to the extra time needed to tuck in an ICC yearly membership gift card...
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

But honestly I will trust Chessbase before the Rybka people when it comes to the GUI, Chessbase people have been doing this a lot longer and have a ton more experience.
They started developing Chess Assistant in 1988. ChessBase got started three years earlier. :roll:
omega-three

Post by omega-three »

PortCitySlim wrote:The Americans showed up on time June 6th, 1944. But honestly I will trust Chessbase before the Rybka people when it comes to the GUI, Chessbase people have been doing this a lot longer and have a ton more experience. Then again the Brits were fighting the Germans a lot longer and had more experience but it took the until the Americans showed up to get the job done right! 8)

If you had been fighting in the war you would not be now making such stupid remarks.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

omega-three wrote:
PortCitySlim wrote:The Americans showed up on time June 6th, 1944. But honestly I will trust Chessbase before the Rybka people when it comes to the GUI, Chessbase people have been doing this a lot longer and have a ton more experience. Then again the Brits were fighting the Germans a lot longer and had more experience but it took the until the Americans showed up to get the job done right! 8)

If you had been fighting in the war you would not be now making such stupid remarks.
ok Guys
lets leave the WWII topic at this point
please feel free to continue the discussion on the Rebel forum here:
http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=14

or continue the topic regarding CB here in this thread

Best Regards
Steve
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

That fact that Chessbase delayed H12 isn't that big of a deal, I would rather have a good product without bugs late then a bad program on time. I just wish Chessbase would come out and say for sure that they are shipping today and what caused the delay. The Chessbase website still states the product is available but nobody has received it yet.
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

The big deal behind the Chessbase version is that according to Chessbase it will not be update/upgradeable :( Hopefully this will change in the future when Mark releases a new version of H12.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

PortCitySlim wrote:The big deal behind the Chessbase version is that according to Chessbase it will not be update/upgradeable :( Hopefully this will change in the future when Mark releases a new version of H12.
CB have offered upgrades before for Junior, Fritz and Shredder so I see no reason why they can not do this for Hiarcs.
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

Chessbase has e-mailed me and said that they do not usually receive updated version of their programs, so if the HIARCS team sends them the updated engines then hopefully they will offer them to the CB customers! :D
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

For those of you waiting for H12 CB I have today found out the very amusing reason for the delay:
The folk who printed the H12 dvds in Germany sealed the SP
versions in the Deep cases, and the MP versions in the single cases!
:oops:
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

That would have made a great April Fools' present!