Hiarcs 12 MP -64 bit version? and loading different settings

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

braindied

Hiarcs 12 MP -64 bit version? and loading different settings

Post by braindied »

a) Is there a different 64-bit version for 64-bit operating system?, or is the delivered .exe optimised for both 64 and 32 bits?

b) I am using the Deep Shredder GUI -
how do I get it to load different parameter settings automatically - in the folder my documents\chessbase\nogames\engineparameter exists the hiarcs12mp.param file, but it does not load automatically and I need to load it manually each time....

thanks
Mike
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Hiarcs 12 MP -64 bit version? and loading different sett

Post by Harvey Williamson »

braindied wrote:a) Is there a different 64-bit version for 64-bit operating system?, or is the delivered .exe optimised for both 64 and 32 bits?

b) I am using the Deep Shredder GUI -
how do I get it to load different parameter settings automatically - in the folder my documents\chessbase\nogames\engineparameter exists the hiarcs12mp.param file, but it does not load automatically and I need to load it manually each time....

thanks
Mike
Right click on the engine pane in shredder with Hiarcs loaded you can then change parameters and save a different version if you wish.
braindied

Post by braindied »

Harvey,

Thanks.

However, when I save the settings, next time I load the engine the settings are not automatically loaded, and I need to click the load button and select the parameter file - can they be automatically loaded?

Thanks
Mike
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

braindied wrote:Harvey,

Thanks.

However, when I save the settings, next time I load the engine the settings are not automatically loaded, and I need to click the load button and select the parameter file - can they be automatically loaded?

Thanks
Mike
You should not need to - you need to select modify engine then save it as an engine with a different name - you will then see more than 1 Hiarcs in your engine list and can load the one you just created. You need to load this otherwise yes it will reload the default engine.
braindied

Post by braindied »

Modify engine? - I do not seem to have feature when i right click in the engine pane?

after you change the parameters one of the options is modify. Shredder has some good help info also if you click on help which explains this.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

With the engine active go to the menu:

Extras > Engines > Engine Options...

A window will appear in where you can change the settings. Then click on "Create Engine" and give it a new name. Then load this new engine that you have created.