Resetting the weights on Hiarcs 12 opening book

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

HiarcsAxel

Resetting the weights on Hiarcs 12 opening book

Post by HiarcsAxel »

Hello, I am using Hiarcs 12 MP the download version from hiarcs.com. And I use the Hiarcs 10 interface.

I played some tournament games against Rybka 2.3.2a mp 32-bit, about 70 games. I am wondering if it is possible to reset the weights on the Hiarcs opening book?

Hiarcs is now only playing 1.d4 with white and stopped responding with 1.c5 when playing black.

Is there a way to bring the book back to it's default weight, that is the moves it played when I just installed it?

Any sort of help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Did the book come as a download or on a CD? The easiest way would be to download it again or copying it from the CD, I think.
HiarcsAxel

Download

Post by HiarcsAxel »

The book came as a download. Does this mean I need to get rid of the book file? I manually have to delete the book file from the specific location on the hard drive?

If it is as simple as that, I can do that:)
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

If you're never going to use it then it's fine to delete it. If you're interested in using it again just change it's name (and the name of all its related files, if any.)

Then you can download it again and it will start from scratch. :)