[MAC] Hiarcs 11.2MP install question

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

HFaber

[MAC] Hiarcs 11.2MP install question

Post by HFaber »

Hi,
when I launched SigmaChess for the 1st time, it only found and installed the 11.2 SP version. How do I get the MP version (included in the Hiarcs folder) used in SigmaChess?
Argh, damn it I just found the small icon 2 minutes after this post.

But another problem:
I want to use Hiarcs in analysis mode. This seems to bein Level-Playing Mode and Level and in there Playing Mode = Monitor. But Sigma Chess tells me that this level is not available in SigmaChess Lite. Does anyone want me to pay another bucks for SigmaChess Pro??
Viele Grüße,
Harald
Andreas Guettinger

Re: [MAC] Hiarcs 11.2MP install question

Post by Andreas Guettinger »

HFaber wrote:Hi,
when I launched SigmaChess for the 1st time, it only found and installed the 11.2 SP version. How do I get the MP version (included in the Hiarcs folder) used in SigmaChess?
Argh, damn it I just found the small icon 2 minutes after this post.
Menu: Analyze -> Engine -> Engine Manager
But another problem:
I want to use Hiarcs in analysis mode. This seems to bein Level-Playing Mode and Level and in there Playing Mode = Monitor. But Sigma Chess tells me that this level is not available in SigmaChess Lite. Does anyone want me to pay another bucks for SigmaChess Pro??
Sigma Chess is a chess program with GUI from Ole K. Christensen. If you want to use the full version, you have to give the author (Ole) 20 bucks.

Hiarcs is an UCI engine, so you can use any UCI compatible GUI with it. Unfortunately, on the Mac there are not many possibilities. Apart from Sigma Chess GUI, there is the Glaurung GUI (good, but currently doesn't work very well on my Mac), Shredder GUI (in Java, very simplistic, not comparable to the Win version) and xboard + polyglot.
regards,
Andy
martinus

Post by martinus »

There is also Jose 1.4.4 http://jose-chess.sourceforge.net/index.html But yes, I would pay the fee to register Sigma Chess. I have done it many years ago.
HFaber

Post by HFaber »

Hi,
thanks for bringing this to my attention that also Shredder can handle the Hiarcs engine. As I already own Shredder, I integrated Hiarcs successfully in it.
Why should I pay for SigmaChess then?
Viele Grüße,
Harald