Is this normal

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
wayne lowrance

Is this normal

Post by wayne lowrance »

Howdy, Just purchased H12. I like it. Have aquestion.
I set it to infinate analysis over nite, when I went to bed the Np/s was several thousand when I got up it was under 100. My comp was working fine. All 8 cores 100 %. Clock speed normal, FSB normal, core temp normal for all 8 cores running 100%. When I entered the first move in final pv, lthe nodes went back up to severa thousand.
Normal ?

thank you
Wayne
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Is this normal

Post by Harvey Williamson »

wayne lowrance wrote:Howdy, Just purchased H12. I like it. Have aquestion.
I set it to infinate analysis over nite, when I went to bed the Np/s was several thousand when I got up it was under 100. My comp was working fine. All 8 cores 100 %. Clock speed normal, FSB normal, core temp normal for all 8 cores running 100%. When I entered the first move in final pv, lthe nodes went back up to severa thousand.
Normal ?

thank you
Wayne
Yup - everything is ok - most engines do this. As long as its running at 100% cpu all is well.
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

I'm guessing the node count overflowed. It should take about 2 or 4 billion nodes.

All it takes to fix it is to change one line of code. So if that's the case:
:roll:
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Vempele wrote:I'm guessing the node count overflowed. It should take about 2 or 4 billion nodes.

At least hiarcs does not subtract 3 from its search depth and divide its nodes per second by about 10 :)
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Vempele wrote:I'm guessing the node count overflowed. It should take about 2 or 4 billion nodes.

At least hiarcs does not subtract 3 from its search depth and divide its nodes per second by about 10 :)
Where's the STRELARCS source code to prove it? 8)
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Vempele wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:

Where's the STRELARCS source code to prove it? 8)
That source code wont be allowed to be posted here 8)