Breaking News Rybka v Zappa (Hiarcs Forum Exclusive)

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Breaking News Rybka v Zappa (Hiarcs Forum Exclusive)

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Hi All,

I hear from a very reliable source that Rybka will play Zappa in Mexico. This replaces the planned, $100,000, Rybka v Junior match.

Details of the cancelled match http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/200 ... rashes.htm

There is a $10,000 prize - winner takes all. If the match is drawn then $5000 each.

This will be the 18th - 28th September. 10 games at 60+20. Both sides will use 8 core machines.

More details soon,

Harvey
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
€rdo
Zappa

Post by €rdo »

WOW... from wich Guy u have this Top Secret information ;-)

Bye €rdo 8)
Terry McCracken

Re: Breaking News Rybka v Zappa (Hiarcs Forum Exclusive)

Post by Terry McCracken »

Harvey Williamson wrote:Hi All,

I hear from a very reliable source that Rybka will play Zappa in Mexico. This replaces the planned, $100,000, Rybka v Junior match.

Details of the cancelled match http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/200 ... rashes.htm

There is a $10,000 prize - winner takes all. If the match is drawn then $5000 each.

This will be the 18th - 28th September. 10 games at 60+20. Both sides will use 8 core machines.

More details soon,

Harvey
I hope this is realized, thanks Harvey!

Best,
Terry
Ernst

Post by Ernst »

€rdo wrote:WOW... from wich Guy u have this Top Secret information ;-)

Bye €rdo 8)
Probably the same guy who told me.
Ernst

Post by Ernst »

But then again, probably not :-)
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Well I would rather see a Hiarcs vs Rybka match as Zappa is no longer being developed (Or is he working on this project again :?: ). However if it happens, be sure I will tune in just the same. 8)
Dostojewsky

Post by Dostojewsky »

According to Erdogan Günes there will be a new version of Zappa to play this match. But it is unknown if there are plans to make this version public. :oops:

Thx Harvey, to give us this informations about the match. I hope we will hear soon more about this amazing event. :D
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Dostojewsky wrote:According to Erdogan Günes there will be a new version of Zappa to play this match. But it is unknown if there are plans to make this version public. :oops:

Thx Harvey, to give us this informations about the match. I hope we will hear soon more about this amazing event. :D
Now that would be so cool. Any details on this new version? If it's not giving to much info away to the other side ... :wink: We could give it a code name like Zappa (Fisherman's Version) :roll:
Sebastian Boehme

Post by Sebastian Boehme »

Wow this sounds like a very interesting match.

Will Harvey maybe deliver all of us an exclusive report of the things that happened while the match? I am sure Phil would sponsor him a smelly flight to Mexico :lol:

Jokingly Regards,
Sebastian
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Update Tuesday 21 Aug.

Hello All,

The latest update I have:

Anthony is working on a new Fish Killing weapon - watch this space for details.

I can also report that Erdo and Zappa are currently at a secret training camp at high altitude. They are locked away assisted by team Hiarcs and an 8 way machine. They are making fiendish plans to sink the Fish.

Breaking News first here on the Hiarcs forum :)

Harvey
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Are they creating an Anti-Rybka engine? (One that is generally worse than the default against most engines but specially tuned to beat Rybka) Or a general purpose engine that is just stronger than Rybka?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Day 2 at Secret Training Location.

Dylan Sharp wrote:Are they creating an Anti-Rybka engine? (One that is generally worse than the default against most engines but specially tuned to beat Rybka) Or a general purpose engine that is just stronger than Rybka?
Hi,

I spoke to a Deep Source inside team zappa about your question.

The answer I received was this:
U can Answer him When u Beat Rybka Than u Beat All another Engines too
Day 2 at the secret training location is going well today we are Fishing in the mountains. I am pleased to report there will be Fish for Dinner.

Please post your favourite Fish Recipe's in this thread maybe something with a Mexican twist!?

More news soon,

Harvey
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Mexican Fish Recipe

Please post your favourite Fish Recipe's in this thread maybe something with a Mexican twist!?
Here is one to get you started:

Mexican Fish(Rybka) Stew (Quick)
Recipe adapted from MarthaStewart.com
This basic recipe combines healthful fish with some classic Mexican ingredients including cilantro, cumin and chipotle chiles.

Serves: 4

I N G R E D I E N T S
1 (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (or whole, toasted cumin seeds, ground)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus leaves for garnish
1 pound red new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced thin
1lb cod or other firm white fish
1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped fine (you can use more or less chipotle to your taste) OR 1 tablespoon ancho paste
4 tablespoons Mexican Crema or Greek Yogurt (optional)

I N S T R U C T I O N S
Combine tomatoes, corn, cumin, chopped chipotles or ancho paste and the chopped cilantro in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.

Use a 2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid and combine the potatoes, shallots, and oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes in an even layer to promote even cooking.

Cover then microwave on high for 6 minutes.

Place the fish in a single layer around the edge of the dish atop the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the tomato mixture in the center. Microwave on high until the fish is cooked through and potatoes are tender -- about 9 to 10 minutes.

Remove from microwave and mix carefully to combine but don't break up the fish. Garnish with cilantro and a dollop of Mexican Crema OR Greek Yogurt.
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Oh! Now let's see ... There are just so many ways to cook a "Fish" 8) , Grilled, Baked, Deep Fried, Sauteed, Steamed, and maybe even Boiled. :lol: Rybka, that what for dinner huh. Well I don't care how you cook it so long as I can have a nice glass of wine with that please and a side dish of "CheckMate" of course. :wink:

PS: Don't forget we can always have it Smoked! Most of all I like to have my "Fish" well prepared when it's about to be cooked. Or are we going to have it Microwaved, since we are using the Zappa!

Thank You!
souk

LoL

Post by souk »

Who said anything about cooking the fish !!! Eat it raw , Eat it fast , Just Eat it !!!!!! :D :D :D